Christian Bale Offered 5 High-Profile Roles for Post-'Dark Knight Rises' Projects
Christian Bale is still busy working on "The Dark Knight Rises", but some high-profile roles are already waiting for him once he has done filming the much-awaited superhero film. Words are, the 37-year-old Oscar-winning actor has got offers of not less than five important roles in upcoming movies.
According to Variety, two of Bale's potential projects post the Batman movie are remakes. One is Clint Eastwood's reboot of "A Star Is Born", which stars Grammy-winning songstress Beyonce Knowles and is developed at Warner Bros. Pictures. The other one is "Oldboy", a remake of the Korean thriller, in which Bale is projected to play the villain. The Spike Lee-directed film is developed at Mandate.
Aside from the remakes, Bale is also offered some other significant roles, including the one for Michael Mann-directed thriller "Gold", which focuses on a ruthless search for precious metal. He is reportedly also expected to join Darren Aronofsky's biblical epic "Noah", as well as Sott Cooper's dark drama "Out of the Furnace", in which Leonardo DiCaprio also stars.
The site further said that the "Public Enemies" actor was actually offered a role in Zack Snyder's "The Last Photograph". However, a deal was never sealed and he is no longer involved. The movie will mark Snyder's first directorial duty post-"Man of Steel".
As of now, Bale has not attached himself to any of those coveted projects. A studio insider said that the actor is "really sticking to the plan, look to the future only after finishing 'The Dark Knight Rises'." Beside the action superhero film which is set to open in U.S. theaters on July 20, 2012, Bale will also be seen in a forthcoming period epic "The 13 Women of Nanjing" which is slated to arrive sometime next year.
More A Star Is Born News
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby