'Desperate Housewives' Finale May Take a Huge Leap and Feature Death
Fans may get a glimpse of what happens to Wisteria Lane's residents in the next few decades before bidding farewell to "Desperate Housewives". Showrunner Bob Daily confirms that there have been discussions to feature a huge leap in the series finale which is set to air next year.
"Viewers have spent eight years' worth of Sundays on Wisteria Lane, and we feel like that street is a character on the show," he explains. "And whether the women [still live there] or not, we want to give some kind of sense of what will be happening on Wisteria Lane in the future... and leave them with the feeling that life goes on."
Daily also hints that one main character will probably meet his/her demise in the series finale, but it won't be one of the four core housewives. Giving assurance that Susan, Lynette, Bree and Gabrielle will be very much alive at the end of the show, he says, "We feel very protective of our four main women. Which is not to say that one of our [other] main, top 10 characters won't bite it. We have talked about that."
The eighth and final season of "Desperate Housewives" will kick off Sunday, September 25 at 9/8c on ABC. Creator Marc Cherry has previously shared his plans to "pay homage to everyone who's been there before and been on the show" for the last episode.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen