Beyonce Added to 2011 MTV VMA Performers List
MTV announces on Wednesday, August 24 that Beyonce Knowles is part of the VMA acts now. The "Single Ladies" singer will perform live at the Sunday, August 28 fiesta. She is also a nominee in three categories; Best Female Video, Best Choreography and Best Cinematography.
"Beyonce has delivered some of the most legendary and memorable performances in VMA history, we are so excited she'll be returning to the VMA stage this year," said Amy Doyle, executive producer and EVP, music and talent at MTV. "Everyone will be talking about how she set the VMA stage on fire-yet again!"
Apart from Beyonce, the 28th annual show has Lady GaGa, Bruno Mars, Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, Pitbull, Ne-Yo and Young the Giant in the performers list. Also announced is the next batch of presenters which now includes Will Ferrell, Jack Black, Victoria Justice, Kevin Hart and Zoe Saldana.
MTV VMA would be held at Los Angeles' Nokia Theater and broadcast live at 9 P.M. ET.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics