People Mag Slammed for Featuring Only Kim Kardashian on Cover
One of many Kim Kardashian's wedding photos that People paid $1.5 million to acquire has been released on the magazine's website. On the cover of the magazine's special edition that hits newsstands on Friday, August 26, Kim is featured in her first wedding gown sans the groom.
As a result, People has come under fire for not including Kris Humphries in the big issue. In defense, the mag's assistant editor Jen Garcia said, "It's all about the bride. We wanted her. It's her day, we wanted her on the cover."
Jen also said to Access Hollywood that they were sorting through thousands of pictures and found out that the nice shots were taken of them separately. "He's got a little height on her," Jen said about the basketball player. "It's kind of tough to get them in the [same] shot."
She later joked on the reason to buy the magazine, "[It's all about] the little details, the happy couple, some really sweet [photos] there ...you will see Kris Humphries inside! It's 11 pages of insanity. You can't miss it."
The first wedding gown that Kim wore in the ceremony is ball gown style which designer Vera Wang described as "Cinderella". She carried a small bouquet of white roses and wore cathedral-length veil. The headpiece from Lorraine Schwartz costs $2.5 million, almost half of the total wedding cost.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March