People Mag Slammed for Featuring Only Kim Kardashian on Cover
One of many Kim Kardashian's wedding photos that People paid $1.5 million to acquire has been released on the magazine's website. On the cover of the magazine's special edition that hits newsstands on Friday, August 26, Kim is featured in her first wedding gown sans the groom.
As a result, People has come under fire for not including Kris Humphries in the big issue. In defense, the mag's assistant editor Jen Garcia said, "It's all about the bride. We wanted her. It's her day, we wanted her on the cover."
Jen also said to Access Hollywood that they were sorting through thousands of pictures and found out that the nice shots were taken of them separately. "He's got a little height on her," Jen said about the basketball player. "It's kind of tough to get them in the [same] shot."
She later joked on the reason to buy the magazine, "[It's all about] the little details, the happy couple, some really sweet [photos] there ...you will see Kris Humphries inside! It's 11 pages of insanity. You can't miss it."
The first wedding gown that Kim wore in the ceremony is ball gown style which designer Vera Wang described as "Cinderella". She carried a small bouquet of white roses and wore cathedral-length veil. The headpiece from Lorraine Schwartz costs $2.5 million, almost half of the total wedding cost.
More Kim Kardashian News
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!