People Mag Slammed for Featuring Only Kim Kardashian on Cover
One of many Kim Kardashian's wedding photos that People paid $1.5 million to acquire has been released on the magazine's website. On the cover of the magazine's special edition that hits newsstands on Friday, August 26, Kim is featured in her first wedding gown sans the groom.
As a result, People has come under fire for not including Kris Humphries in the big issue. In defense, the mag's assistant editor Jen Garcia said, "It's all about the bride. We wanted her. It's her day, we wanted her on the cover."
Jen also said to Access Hollywood that they were sorting through thousands of pictures and found out that the nice shots were taken of them separately. "He's got a little height on her," Jen said about the basketball player. "It's kind of tough to get them in the [same] shot."
She later joked on the reason to buy the magazine, "[It's all about] the little details, the happy couple, some really sweet [photos] there ...you will see Kris Humphries inside! It's 11 pages of insanity. You can't miss it."
The first wedding gown that Kim wore in the ceremony is ball gown style which designer Vera Wang described as "Cinderella". She carried a small bouquet of white roses and wore cathedral-length veil. The headpiece from Lorraine Schwartz costs $2.5 million, almost half of the total wedding cost.
More Kim Kardashian News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video