Dwayne Johnson and Jerry Bruckheimer's Wrestling Drama Sold to NBC
Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock and Jerry Bruckheimer are teaming up with NBC to glorify the 1980s professional wrestling. Deadline reports that the network has commited to produce a pilot of the fictional drama from Bruckheimer TV with the wrestler-turned-actor serving as the executive producer along with "The Amazing Race" executive producer and Jonathan Littman.
"Look forward to teaming up with @THEROCK on exciting new wrestling project," Bruckheimer tweeted about their upcoming joint project. Johnson then chimed in, "Kickin' Ass! Excited to partner up w @BruckheimerJB & @NBC to create 1980's wrestling TV drama."
Seamus Kevin Fahey and Brent Fletcher are tapped to write the pilot which will focus on what is widely considered the golden age of professional wrestling. The period drama project will mark departure from Bruckheimer TV's signature brand of procedurals.
Pro wrestling indeed gained huge popularity in the 1980s. Some of the most iconic figures who rose to stardom during the period include Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage aka Macho Man, and The Ultimate Warrior.
More The Rock News
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win