Paris Hilton's Latest Reality Show May Not Last Beyond Season 1
Paris Hilton's latest attempt in unscripted series world is reportedly going be a short-lived one. While Oxygen has not officially announced the fate of "The World According to Paris", New York Magazine's Vulture learns that the network has no plans to pick up the show for a second season.
Debuting with only around 400,000 viewers in June, the reality series revolving around the hotel heiress was sinking even lower in subsequent airings. For comparison, "The Glee Project", which debuted with modest rating in June, continued garnering viewers with 1.2 million people tuning in the season finale last Sunday, August 21.
Talks about renewal for the singing competition have begun even before the show wrapped up its first season. Though the network has not officially given a greenlight to the second season, executive producer Michael Davies said in early this month that "a lot of the planning is starting to happen."
Over at another network, Lifetime's "Roseanne's Nuts" also looks gloomy. The show starring Roseanne Barr premiered with respectable 1.5 million viewers, but the number gradually dropped to 764,000 viewers as of August 10.
Commenting on the reality series' future, a representative for the network said, "No decision on season two yet but we are happy with its performance this season."
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama