Jill Scott Weeping in 'Hear My Call' Music Video
Jill Scott is crying her heart out in a music video for her song "Hear My Call". The R&B diva gives the clip as a bonus for everyone who downloads her new album "The Light of the Sun" on iTunes from August 23 to 29.
The treat was given hot on heels of her second single release in the United States. While she droped a song called "Shame" as her second offering in the U.K., Jill chose a sexy medley called "So Gone (What My Mind Says)" for her fans Stateside.
Featuring rapper Paul Wall, it tells the story of a celibate woman who takes matters into her own hands. It talks about the perils of getting caught in the glove of sexual inhibitions versus the value of personal connection and companionship.
"Sometimes we can get to a point where it's all about the physical pleasure of it all and not about the person, you become hypnotized...," Jill said. "For this record and for this time, my journey to finding love has been more of a journey about finding myself."
Jill Scott's "Hear My Call" music video
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- Calvin Harris Premieres Beachy Music Video for 'Feels' Ft. Katy Perry, Pharrell and Big Sean
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos Reveal Iron Man's New Suit
- Beyonce, Jay-Z and Children Move Into Lavish Malibu Mansion
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?