Jill Scott Weeping in 'Hear My Call' Music Video
Jill Scott is crying her heart out in a music video for her song "Hear My Call". The R&B diva gives the clip as a bonus for everyone who downloads her new album "The Light of the Sun" on iTunes from August 23 to 29.
The treat was given hot on heels of her second single release in the United States. While she droped a song called "Shame" as her second offering in the U.K., Jill chose a sexy medley called "So Gone (What My Mind Says)" for her fans Stateside.
Featuring rapper Paul Wall, it tells the story of a celibate woman who takes matters into her own hands. It talks about the perils of getting caught in the glove of sexual inhibitions versus the value of personal connection and companionship.
"Sometimes we can get to a point where it's all about the physical pleasure of it all and not about the person, you become hypnotized...," Jill said. "For this record and for this time, my journey to finding love has been more of a journey about finding myself."
Jill Scott's "Hear My Call" music video
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS