Kim Kardashian's Three Wedding Dresses Described in Details
Days after Kim Kardashian tied the knot with NBA star Kris Humphries, details of the three dresses she wore on the big day are unraveled. The "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star first walked down the aisle in what she described as the "princess look" gown.
PEOPLE, which has sketches of all three dresses, detailed that it was "a ball gown with full tulle skirt, basque waist and hand-pieced Chantilly lace applique on bodice and train". Kim completed the dress with a Lorraine Schwartz headpiece, a cathedral-length veil with hand-pieced Chantilly lace applique at the hem and a lightly shirred blusher layer.
Commenting on the overall look of Kim's first dress, designer Vera Wang shared to the magazine, "It was Cinderella." The 62-year-old went on to elaborate, "But Cinderella with a very sexy body. She has a very Liz Taylor or Sofia Loren kind of body and we didn't want to lose that."
Before the first dance, the reality TV star traded her ball gown with another dress that she claimed to be her favorite. She opted to go with a "Georgette mermaid dress with hand-pieced Chantilly lace applique on bodice". Hand-cut organza petals intermixed with Chantilly lace motifs and organza sprig embroidery adorned its skirt.
30-year-old Kim changed her dress for the third time when the time came to party. The former girlfriend of Reggie Bush slipped into "a bias-cut crepe-back satin gown with v-neck and circle skirt" for her final gown of the day.
Kim exchanged wedding vows with fiance Kris last Saturday, August 20 in a lavish ceremony held on an estate in Montecito, California. Two days afterward, the newlyweds were spotted at the LAX airport to catch a flight to Europe for a quick honeymoon. They are expected to return to Los Angeles before Sunday, August 28, since Kim is set to present at 2011 Video Music Awards.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March