Will and Jada Pinkett Smith: 'Our Marriage Is Intact'
Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith are putting a stop to swirling rumors that they have split after 13 years of marriage. On Tuesday (August 23) afternoon, the Hollywood power couple released a joint statement, slamming the split report and insisting that they are still happily married.
"Although we are reluctant to respond to these types of press reports, the rumors circulating about our relationship are completely false," assured the couple who are parents to rising stars Jaden Smith and Willow Smith. They stressed further in the statement, "We are still together, and our marriage is intact."
Sounding off similar denial was Trey Smith, Will's son from a previous marriage. On what appears to be his official Twitter page, the teenager strongly denied the separation. "Did #WillandJada split? No they did NOT split ! False information," he wrote, "its not true RETWEET!!!"
Trey followed it up with a series of other tweets. "Will and Jada getting a DIVORCE ..NOT TRUE AT ALL !!", "Everyone can think what they want ..even if its not true #Lame" and "Let me just say.. the rumors need to stop. Will and Jada aren't getting divorced, #ItsAllLies" are some of them.
It was previously reported that Will and Jada's separation was caused by Jada's alleged affair with her "Hawthorne" co-star, Marc Anthony. A representative for Jada was quick to come out with a denial though. To Us Weekly, the rep stated, "Everything about Jada and Marc Anthony is false."
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'