Megan Fox on Tattoo Removal: Marilyn Monroe Is 'a Negative Character'
Megan Fox is in the process of having her Marilyn Monroe tattoo removed from her right forearm. When asked about the portrait inking, the actress playing Mikaela Banes in the first two "Transformers" movies told Italian magazine Amica that she is getting rid of negative energy.
"I'm removing it," the 25-year-old actress confirmed that she has undergone laser treatments. She went on to explain, "It is a negative character, as she suffered from personality disorders and was bipolar. I do not want to attract this kind of negative energy in my life." She added, "Who knows, maybe I'll remove the others too, but the laser hurts."
Back in 2009, Megan revealed that her admiration of the blonde bombshell was one of the reasons she got herself the tattoo. She moreover spilled that it also serves as "a warning" as explaining, "It warns me not to let myself be treated so badly by the film industry so that it breaks me down."
The body art, however, appeared lighter and less detailed when the "Jonah Hex" actress showed up at a New York City party celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Jaguar E-Type in April of 2011. It quickly prompted speculation that she was trying to etch the ink off her skin.
Megan apparently didn't only regret having the tattoo. When quizzed about her belly button piercing, the wife of Brian Austin Green told Amica, "I did it when I was 16-years-old because I was a fan of Britney Spears. The only time I tried to imitate someone else. But then I thought it was tacky and so I removed it when I turned 20."
More Megan Fox News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest