New MTV VMAs Promo Features Lil Wayne Channeling His Emotions
Another commercial ad featuring Lil Wayne for 2011 MTV Video Music Awards has just arrived. Unlike the previous one which sees him channeling his inner rock star, this new one features the dreadlocked rapper spitting the lyrics of his Rick Ross-assisted song "John", and talking about emotions that inspire him to make music.
"Emotion is a great inspiration for my music," Weezy said. "We all have a billion emotions bottled up inside of us, so I try to find risky at times and catchy ways to get those emotions out." The rap mogul added, "I have this crazy drive inside of me that's never die and never lose. And I breathe that."
MTV VMAs will be held on August 28 at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. Musical performers include Pitbull, Ne-Yo, Lady GaGa, Adele, Bruno Mars, Chris Brown and Weezy. Presenters include Nicki Minaj, Taylor Lautner, Drake, Joe Jonas, Jared Leto, Selena Gomez, Seth Rogen and Kim Kardashian.
A day before the awards show, there would be a benefit concert held at the House of Blues. Joe will perform along with Cobra Starship and Miguel. All ticket proceeds benefit Lifebeat and the organization's HIV/AIDS outreach and support programs.
Another pre-show will be hosted by "Wizards of Waverly Place" star Selena on the black carpet hours before the main event is kicked off. It will feature interviews with artists, sneak peek at Minaj's "Fly" music video, and live performance from the Gabe Saporta-fronted band.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift