ABC to Bring Back 'Jekyll and Hyde' With Modern Twist
Set to launch "Once Upon a Time" which will revive Snow White tale this fall, ABC is going to take on another classic story with "Hyde". The network has picked up the drama series project from "Up in the Air" co-writer Sheldon Turner, who will also serve as executive producer along with Jennifer Klein.
Inspired by Robert Louis Stevenson's novel "Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde", "Hyde" is adapted into a contemporary set. Deadline, which was first to report the news, reveals that the story centers on Grant Hyde, "a thirtysomething ER doctor with a degenerative eye condition who is conflict-averse and hesitant to be captain of his own destiny."
Grant begins experiencing bizarre side effects after attempting an experimental treatment in a bid to improve his vision. When he goes to sleep, his id manifests itself as Hyde, a fearless, gregarious individual who is the opposite of his anti-confrontational personality.
At almost the same time, the alphabet also snags "The Last Resort", a drama pilot from "The Shield" creator Shawn Ryan and "Dead Like Me" scribe Karl Gajdusek. It is a futuristic thriller about the crew of a U.S. nuclear submarine who are hunted and escape to a NATO outpost after ignoring an order to fire nuclear missiles. There, they declare themselves the world's smallest nuclear nation.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'