ABC to Bring Back 'Jekyll and Hyde' With Modern Twist
Set to launch "Once Upon a Time" which will revive Snow White tale this fall, ABC is going to take on another classic story with "Hyde". The network has picked up the drama series project from "Up in the Air" co-writer Sheldon Turner, who will also serve as executive producer along with Jennifer Klein.
Inspired by Robert Louis Stevenson's novel "Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde", "Hyde" is adapted into a contemporary set. Deadline, which was first to report the news, reveals that the story centers on Grant Hyde, "a thirtysomething ER doctor with a degenerative eye condition who is conflict-averse and hesitant to be captain of his own destiny."
Grant begins experiencing bizarre side effects after attempting an experimental treatment in a bid to improve his vision. When he goes to sleep, his id manifests itself as Hyde, a fearless, gregarious individual who is the opposite of his anti-confrontational personality.
At almost the same time, the alphabet also snags "The Last Resort", a drama pilot from "The Shield" creator Shawn Ryan and "Dead Like Me" scribe Karl Gajdusek. It is a futuristic thriller about the crew of a U.S. nuclear submarine who are hunted and escape to a NATO outpost after ignoring an order to fire nuclear missiles. There, they declare themselves the world's smallest nuclear nation.
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video