ABC to Bring Back 'Jekyll and Hyde' With Modern Twist
Set to launch "Once Upon a Time" which will revive Snow White tale this fall, ABC is going to take on another classic story with "Hyde". The network has picked up the drama series project from "Up in the Air" co-writer Sheldon Turner, who will also serve as executive producer along with Jennifer Klein.
Inspired by Robert Louis Stevenson's novel "Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde", "Hyde" is adapted into a contemporary set. Deadline, which was first to report the news, reveals that the story centers on Grant Hyde, "a thirtysomething ER doctor with a degenerative eye condition who is conflict-averse and hesitant to be captain of his own destiny."
Grant begins experiencing bizarre side effects after attempting an experimental treatment in a bid to improve his vision. When he goes to sleep, his id manifests itself as Hyde, a fearless, gregarious individual who is the opposite of his anti-confrontational personality.
At almost the same time, the alphabet also snags "The Last Resort", a drama pilot from "The Shield" creator Shawn Ryan and "Dead Like Me" scribe Karl Gajdusek. It is a futuristic thriller about the crew of a U.S. nuclear submarine who are hunted and escape to a NATO outpost after ignoring an order to fire nuclear missiles. There, they declare themselves the world's smallest nuclear nation.
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- Rihanna, Beyonce and More Thank Barack and Michelle Obama With Adorable Posts
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day