ABC to Bring Back 'Jekyll and Hyde' With Modern Twist
Set to launch "Once Upon a Time" which will revive Snow White tale this fall, ABC is going to take on another classic story with "Hyde". The network has picked up the drama series project from "Up in the Air" co-writer Sheldon Turner, who will also serve as executive producer along with Jennifer Klein.
Inspired by Robert Louis Stevenson's novel "Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde", "Hyde" is adapted into a contemporary set. Deadline, which was first to report the news, reveals that the story centers on Grant Hyde, "a thirtysomething ER doctor with a degenerative eye condition who is conflict-averse and hesitant to be captain of his own destiny."
Grant begins experiencing bizarre side effects after attempting an experimental treatment in a bid to improve his vision. When he goes to sleep, his id manifests itself as Hyde, a fearless, gregarious individual who is the opposite of his anti-confrontational personality.
At almost the same time, the alphabet also snags "The Last Resort", a drama pilot from "The Shield" creator Shawn Ryan and "Dead Like Me" scribe Karl Gajdusek. It is a futuristic thriller about the crew of a U.S. nuclear submarine who are hunted and escape to a NATO outpost after ignoring an order to fire nuclear missiles. There, they declare themselves the world's smallest nuclear nation.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video