Pitbull, Nicki Minaj and Joe Jonas Added to 2011 MTV VMAs Line-Up
More A-listers are added to 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. Pitbull, Ne-Yo and Nayer are billed to perform at the prize-giving event, joining previously-announced musical guests Lady GaGa, Adele, Bruno Mars, Lil Wayne, Chris Brown and Young the Giant.
The British pop sensation Jessie J, meanwhile, will serve as a house artist for the August 28 star-studded ceremony. The "Price Tag" hitmaker follows the footsteps of DJs such as Deadmau5, Mark Ronson and late DJ AM who were signed to cater the guests of the show in the previous years.
A series of new presenters were announced as well. Nicki Minaj, Taylor Lautner, Drake, Joe Jonas, Jared Leto, Kevin Hart and comedian JB Smoove of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" will join the likes of Jonah Hill, Rick Ross, Selena Gomez, Seth Rogen, Kim Kardashian and Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All.
A day before the awards show which will take place at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, there would be a benefit concert held at the House of Blues. Joe will perform along with Cobra Starship and Miguel. All ticket proceeds benefit Lifebeat and the organization's HIV/AIDS outreach and support programs.
Another pre-show will be hosted by "Wizards of Waverly Place" star Selena on the black carpet hours before the main event is kicked off. It will feature interviews with artists, sneak peek at Minaj's "Fly" music video, and live performance from the Gabe Saporta-fronted band.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal