Lil Wayne Needs 9 Stitches for 'Gnarly Gash' From Skateboarding Accident
Lil Wayne got himself stitched up for an injury from a skateboarding accident. On Sunday, August 21, the "Lollipop" hitmaker was rushed to the emergency room at the DePaul Health Center after he fell off his skateboard and bumped his head at a park near the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre.
"The Lou was good but I busted my fuggin head at the sk8park! 9stitches! Gnarly gash over my left eye! Luv the people," tweeted Weezy afterward. One witness told Missouri Fox affiliate KTVI that the 28-year-old MC was accompanied by his entourage when he received treatment at the hospital.
Hours after his first tweet following his trip to the emergency room, Weezy once again took to Twitter to assure his fans that he is doing fine. "Thx to u all for the concern but pls know that I will eventually take even harder falls if I wanna get better...and I will," he wrote before adding, "KC I'm on my way."
The "6 Foot 7 Foot" rapper will be performing at the Spring Center in Kansas City, Missouri on Tuesday, August 23. He is also scheduled to perform at 2011 MTV Video Music Awards this coming Sunday, August 28 in Los Angeles. Immediately after the show, he will release his long awaited album, "Tha Carter IV", in digital stores.
More Lil Wayne News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed