Video: Ryan Gosling Gets Hands-On in Breaking Street Fight
Ryan Gosling is likely to have taken the role of a "good Samaritan" in real life. Over the weekend, freelance photographer Valerie Alvea posted a video on YouTube that shows a man, who looks like the "Crazy, Stupid, Love." star, stepped in between two men, who got into a scuffle over a painting, and broke up the fight.
The incident took place in the middle of an intersection by St. Marks' Place in the East Village in New York City. An eyewitness told Us Weekly, "There is a man who sells paintings [that] he makes on that corner. This older man ran by him and tried to grab and run away with one of his paintings." The seller, however, got a hold of the thief, and the two wrestled on the street.
A few bystanders came in to break up the fight without much success. It was then that Ryan, who wore a tank top and baseball cap, jumped in. "He was trying to understand the situation while keeping them from hurting each other," so dished the observer, who added that the actor ushered them to the corner of the street and had them explain what's going on.
The onlooker recalled that when things began to escalate again, Ryan "put a stop to it" and asked, "How much is the painting?" After the painter told him it was $10, the 30-year-old actor gave him a $20 and said, "Does this cover what the man owes you?" To the question, the painter said yes and thanked him. "Ryan said good, and continued on his way," added the witness.
More Ryan Gosling News
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage