Video: Ryan Gosling Gets Hands-On in Breaking Street Fight
Ryan Gosling is likely to have taken the role of a "good Samaritan" in real life. Over the weekend, freelance photographer Valerie Alvea posted a video on YouTube that shows a man, who looks like the "Crazy, Stupid, Love." star, stepped in between two men, who got into a scuffle over a painting, and broke up the fight.
The incident took place in the middle of an intersection by St. Marks' Place in the East Village in New York City. An eyewitness told Us Weekly, "There is a man who sells paintings [that] he makes on that corner. This older man ran by him and tried to grab and run away with one of his paintings." The seller, however, got a hold of the thief, and the two wrestled on the street.
A few bystanders came in to break up the fight without much success. It was then that Ryan, who wore a tank top and baseball cap, jumped in. "He was trying to understand the situation while keeping them from hurting each other," so dished the observer, who added that the actor ushered them to the corner of the street and had them explain what's going on.
The onlooker recalled that when things began to escalate again, Ryan "put a stop to it" and asked, "How much is the painting?" After the painter told him it was $10, the 30-year-old actor gave him a $20 and said, "Does this cover what the man owes you?" To the question, the painter said yes and thanked him. "Ryan said good, and continued on his way," added the witness.
More Ryan Gosling News
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes