Lil Wayne Sued Over Allegedly-Stolen Beat of 'How to Love'
Lil Wayne continued to being the subject of copyright infringement allegation. Less than a month after he was reported to face a $15 million lawsuit for allegedly stealing "BedRock", the rap mogul is now accused of music fraud over another song "How to Love".
According to TMZ, a rapper named Rich Rick filed the legal complaint in L.A. County Superior Court last week. He claimed he purchased several master recordings between 2006 and 2009, including the beat that appears on Weezy's song, from a group of rap producers called Drummer Boyz.
Rick believed the producers pitched the same beat to the Young Money rapper in exchange for a 35% royalty agreement. Calling it a theft, he demanded all sums the group are entitled to under their agreement with Weezy, plus 10% interest.
More Lil Wayne News
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?