Lil Wayne Sued Over Allegedly-Stolen Beat of 'How to Love'
Lil Wayne continued to being the subject of copyright infringement allegation. Less than a month after he was reported to face a $15 million lawsuit for allegedly stealing "BedRock", the rap mogul is now accused of music fraud over another song "How to Love".
According to TMZ, a rapper named Rich Rick filed the legal complaint in L.A. County Superior Court last week. He claimed he purchased several master recordings between 2006 and 2009, including the beat that appears on Weezy's song, from a group of rap producers called Drummer Boyz.
Rick believed the producers pitched the same beat to the Young Money rapper in exchange for a 35% royalty agreement. Calling it a theft, he demanded all sums the group are entitled to under their agreement with Weezy, plus 10% interest.
More Lil Wayne News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns