Lil Wayne Sued Over Allegedly-Stolen Beat of 'How to Love'
Lil Wayne continued to being the subject of copyright infringement allegation. Less than a month after he was reported to face a $15 million lawsuit for allegedly stealing "BedRock", the rap mogul is now accused of music fraud over another song "How to Love".
According to TMZ, a rapper named Rich Rick filed the legal complaint in L.A. County Superior Court last week. He claimed he purchased several master recordings between 2006 and 2009, including the beat that appears on Weezy's song, from a group of rap producers called Drummer Boyz.
Rick believed the producers pitched the same beat to the Young Money rapper in exchange for a 35% royalty agreement. Calling it a theft, he demanded all sums the group are entitled to under their agreement with Weezy, plus 10% interest.
More Lil Wayne News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart