'The Avengers' D23 Footage Previews Nick Fury Giving a Warning to Loki
Snippets from "The Avengers" have been previewed at Disney's D23 Expo in Anaheim, California last Saturday, August 20. Although the majority of the plot remains locked, the footage gave attendees a chance to see a sneak peek at two terse scenes that involve Nick Fury, Tony Stark and Loki.
The first snippet presents a scene taking place in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Helicarrier. Fury gives Loki, who is trapped inside a hi-tech chamber encased by glass walls, a warning. He will plummet 30,000 feet to his death if he tries to escape. When Loki says, "It's an impressive cage, but not built for me," Fury replies, "Built for something a lot stronger than you."
After it is uncovered that the cage was actually built for the Hulk, Loki mocks Fury by saying, "How desperate are you, to call on such lost creatures to defend you?" In turn, Fury says, "How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steel a force you can't control. You talk about peace, but you kill because it's fun..."
Near the end of the tense words exchange, Loki promises to show Fury what "real power is." Fury, however, doesn't seem to take it seriously as he leaves Loki alone in the empty chamber, while saying, "Well, let me know if 'Real Power' wants a magazine or something."
The second scene, meanwhile, gives a look at Stark in what looks like a private bar, and also involves Loki. "Let's do a head count. Two world class assassins," he says as the camera cuts to shots of Hawkeye and Black Widow. "A demigod," he adds when it cuts to Thor, and says, "A living legend who actually lives up to the legend," when a glimpse of Captain America is shown.
The Iron Man alter-ego then tells Loki, "And you, big fella, you have managed to p*** off every single one of them." When Loki responds by saying, "I have an army", Stark strikes back, "We have a Hulk."
Slated to open in U.S. theaters on May 4, 2012, "The Avengers" is based on Marvel Comics' famous characters. Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, Clark Gregg, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson as well as Tom Hiddleston are among the cast ensemble.
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos Reveal Iron Man's New Suit
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date