Artist of the Week: Maroon 5
Maroon 5 shine a little more this year. The Adam Levine-fronted band score their first top 10 single since 2007's "Makes Me Wonder" through their newest offering "Moves Like Jagger" which features Christina Aguilera. They showcased it for the first time on "The Voice" where Adam serves as a judge and vocal coach
The funky song is appealing enough even if it's without Aguilera's voice but the addition of the female singer makes it better. Inspired by Mick Jagger, it debuted at No. 8 on Billboard Hot 100 before climbing to No. 3 on the U.S. single chart. It's included in the re-release of the band's album "Hands All Over".
A music video for the single has The Rolling Stones star as a cameo. "We were lucky enough to get Mick's endorsement, as far as him giving us access to a bunch of different footage that's so cool," Levine said. "Not many people have seen [it], especially a newer generation of people that don't know so much about how incredible he was."
They are currently on a joint tour across North America with Train. They have kicked it off in July and will stay on the road until September. Their next stops include Tampa, Minneapolis, Winnipeg, Las Vegas, Oklahoma City and Dallas.
More Maroon 5 News
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes