Chely Wright and Girlfriend Got Married in Wedding Gowns
Kim Kardashian was not the only bride on August 20 as another celebrity tied the knot to her partner that same day. Country singer Chely Wright married girlfriend Lauren Blitzer whom she met two weeks after coming out as lesbian in May last year.
Holding the ceremony at the home of Blitzer's aunt in Connecticut, Wright and Blitzer both wore white wedding gowns minus the veils because they loved their "hair too much". Wright who is Christian and her wife who is Jewish were officiated by both a reverend and a rabbi.
Instead of opting the classic reception, the couple ditched a wedding band and hired a DJ to spin for them. "Bands at weddings make me nervous," Wright joked to People. They also treated their 200-plus guests with barbecue from New York's Blue Smoke although Wright is a vegetarian. "Lauren's idea - not my influence!" Wright exclaimed.
The newlyweds, who posted their wedding photos on Twitter, became engaged even before New York legalized same-sex marriage. "The freedom of being out and open about who I am allowed me to find and fall in love with Lauren - the most amazing woman I've ever known," Wright previously said.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death