Chely Wright and Girlfriend Got Married in Wedding Gowns
Kim Kardashian was not the only bride on August 20 as another celebrity tied the knot to her partner that same day. Country singer Chely Wright married girlfriend Lauren Blitzer whom she met two weeks after coming out as lesbian in May last year.
Holding the ceremony at the home of Blitzer's aunt in Connecticut, Wright and Blitzer both wore white wedding gowns minus the veils because they loved their "hair too much". Wright who is Christian and her wife who is Jewish were officiated by both a reverend and a rabbi.
Instead of opting the classic reception, the couple ditched a wedding band and hired a DJ to spin for them. "Bands at weddings make me nervous," Wright joked to People. They also treated their 200-plus guests with barbecue from New York's Blue Smoke although Wright is a vegetarian. "Lauren's idea - not my influence!" Wright exclaimed.
The newlyweds, who posted their wedding photos on Twitter, became engaged even before New York legalized same-sex marriage. "The freedom of being out and open about who I am allowed me to find and fall in love with Lauren - the most amazing woman I've ever known," Wright previously said.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date