Chely Wright and Girlfriend Got Married in Wedding Gowns
Kim Kardashian was not the only bride on August 20 as another celebrity tied the knot to her partner that same day. Country singer Chely Wright married girlfriend Lauren Blitzer whom she met two weeks after coming out as lesbian in May last year.
Holding the ceremony at the home of Blitzer's aunt in Connecticut, Wright and Blitzer both wore white wedding gowns minus the veils because they loved their "hair too much". Wright who is Christian and her wife who is Jewish were officiated by both a reverend and a rabbi.
Instead of opting the classic reception, the couple ditched a wedding band and hired a DJ to spin for them. "Bands at weddings make me nervous," Wright joked to People. They also treated their 200-plus guests with barbecue from New York's Blue Smoke although Wright is a vegetarian. "Lauren's idea - not my influence!" Wright exclaimed.
The newlyweds, who posted their wedding photos on Twitter, became engaged even before New York legalized same-sex marriage. "The freedom of being out and open about who I am allowed me to find and fall in love with Lauren - the most amazing woman I've ever known," Wright previously said.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation