Video: Sugarland Pay Tribute to Victims of Indiana State Fair Stage Collapse
Sugarland resumed their tour in Albuquerque, New Mexico on August 18 after previously canceling their performance at Indiana State Fair due to stage collapse. Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush took the stage with their crew, calling for a moment of silence to honor those who were killed and injured during the tragic incident.
"I am sure that by now all of you are well aware of the tragedy that occurred at the Indiana State Fair on Saturday," Jennifer said. "Moments before we were about to take the stage, a huge gust of wind blew in and collapsed the entire stage, wounding over 40 people and killing five."
The singer continued, "In honor of those people who were wounded and those beautiful lives that were lost, we ask you to stand and join us now in a moment of silence." Afterwards, Kristian strummed his guitar, and she belted out tribute song called "Love".
Before closing the tribute, she told the crowd, "Obviously, in the loss of our set and our instruments and our equipment, this incredible machine looks very different right now. But we are going to try our best to put on our professional faces and come out here for you and celebrate a moment with you of the joy and the healing power of music."
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?