Pics: Gerard Depardieu on Set of 'Asterix and Obelix: God Save Britannia'
Gerard Depardieu was recently spotted on the set of his new movie "Asterix and Obelix: God Save Britannia" in Dublin on Thursday, August 18. In one of the pictures, the 62-year-old French actor is seen wearing his Obelix pants while he's holding a newspaper in his car.
The other stars who are also caught on camera on the set of the comic-adapted movie include Charlotte Le Bon and Edouard Baer. Le Bon is seen wearing a thick warm coat near the crew trailer, while Baer is spotted coming out of his trailer.
Based on Rene Goscinny and Albert Uderzo's book published in 1996 called "Asterix in Britain", the film follows Asterix who crosses the channel to help British second-cousin Anticlimax face down Julius Cesar and invading Romans.
The film is directed by Laurent Tirard who also writes the script along with Gregoire Vigneron. Meanwhile, Marc Missonnier and Olivier Delbosc are serving as the producers. The film is expected to be released in France sometime in 2012.
Just earlier this week, Depardieu got into trouble in a passenger plane during his flight to Ireland. He allegedly urinated in a bottle at the rear of the plane after a cabin crew told him that the toilet couldn't be used before take-off. However, he splashed the urine on a carpet and then got a complain from the aircraft company.
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech