'True Blood' Star Joe Manganiello In Talks to Join 'Magic Mike'
One more actor is close to join the cast ensemble of "Magic Mike". Entertainment Weekly has broken the news that "True Blood" actor Joe Manganiello is in final talks to play Big Dick Richie, a male stripper who has an enormous talent.
If the deal is sealed, Manganiello will join previously-cast actors Channing Tatum, Alex Pettyfer, Matthew McConaughey and Matthew Bomer. This will additionally mark his reunion with his "White Collar" co-star Bomers.
Based on Tatum's real-life experiences as a young exotic dancer, "Magic Mike" tells the story of a friendship between a group of male strippers. In the movie, young Tatum will be portrayed by Pettyfer, while the "Step Up" actor himself will play the titular character. He will teach Pettyfer how to hustle on and off the stage.
Although the movie will likely have a lot of scenes which involve erotic dancing, it's still unknown whether or not Soderbergh be "full frontal." Regarding that matter, a source close to the project told Socialite Life, "Steven isn't afraid of going there. I'm sure he will do it."
Aside from taking on the lead role, Tatum is also producing the movie along with Nick Wechsler, Gregory Jacobs and Reid Carolin. "Magic Mike" will begin filming on September 14 and is expected to hit U.S. theaters sometime in 2012.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie