'True Blood' Star Joe Manganiello In Talks to Join 'Magic Mike'
One more actor is close to join the cast ensemble of "Magic Mike". Entertainment Weekly has broken the news that "True Blood" actor Joe Manganiello is in final talks to play Big Dick Richie, a male stripper who has an enormous talent.
If the deal is sealed, Manganiello will join previously-cast actors Channing Tatum, Alex Pettyfer, Matthew McConaughey and Matthew Bomer. This will additionally mark his reunion with his "White Collar" co-star Bomers.
Based on Tatum's real-life experiences as a young exotic dancer, "Magic Mike" tells the story of a friendship between a group of male strippers. In the movie, young Tatum will be portrayed by Pettyfer, while the "Step Up" actor himself will play the titular character. He will teach Pettyfer how to hustle on and off the stage.
Although the movie will likely have a lot of scenes which involve erotic dancing, it's still unknown whether or not Soderbergh be "full frontal." Regarding that matter, a source close to the project told Socialite Life, "Steven isn't afraid of going there. I'm sure he will do it."
Aside from taking on the lead role, Tatum is also producing the movie along with Nick Wechsler, Gregory Jacobs and Reid Carolin. "Magic Mike" will begin filming on September 14 and is expected to hit U.S. theaters sometime in 2012.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'