Official Plot Synopsis of 'Man of Steel' Allegedly Unveiled
The first official plot synopsis of "Man of Steel" has possibly made its way out on the web. Attached to a casting call announcement, the synopsis claims Superman as "the most recognized and revered character of all time" in the pantheon of superheroes.
"Clark Kent/Kal-El is a young twentysomething journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone's imagination," so the titular character is described in the synopsis. "Transported to Earth years ago from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question - Why am I here?"
"Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha and Jonathan Kent, Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as 'Superman', not only to shine as the world's last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves."
The casting call itself is made to search for extras for the shooting in Nanaimo and Ucluelet on Vancouver Island. Older people would be cast as loggers in Nanaimo and commercial fishermen in Ucluelet, while some children are needed for the filming in the latter location only. Further information about the casting call can be seen on Superman Homepage.
"Man of Steel" is currently filming in the Chicago, Illinois with Henry Cavill taking the titular role. Amy Adams plays Clark/Superman's leading lady, while Michael Shannon is cast as the villain, General Zod. Directed by Zack Snyder, the action adventure movie is slated to grace theaters across the nation on June 14, 2013.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics