Official Plot Synopsis of 'Man of Steel' Allegedly Unveiled
The first official plot synopsis of "Man of Steel" has possibly made its way out on the web. Attached to a casting call announcement, the synopsis claims Superman as "the most recognized and revered character of all time" in the pantheon of superheroes.
"Clark Kent/Kal-El is a young twentysomething journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone's imagination," so the titular character is described in the synopsis. "Transported to Earth years ago from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question - Why am I here?"
"Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha and Jonathan Kent, Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as 'Superman', not only to shine as the world's last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves."
The casting call itself is made to search for extras for the shooting in Nanaimo and Ucluelet on Vancouver Island. Older people would be cast as loggers in Nanaimo and commercial fishermen in Ucluelet, while some children are needed for the filming in the latter location only. Further information about the casting call can be seen on Superman Homepage.
"Man of Steel" is currently filming in the Chicago, Illinois with Henry Cavill taking the titular role. Amy Adams plays Clark/Superman's leading lady, while Michael Shannon is cast as the villain, General Zod. Directed by Zack Snyder, the action adventure movie is slated to grace theaters across the nation on June 14, 2013.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance