Official Plot Synopsis of 'Man of Steel' Allegedly Unveiled
The first official plot synopsis of "Man of Steel" has possibly made its way out on the web. Attached to a casting call announcement, the synopsis claims Superman as "the most recognized and revered character of all time" in the pantheon of superheroes.
"Clark Kent/Kal-El is a young twentysomething journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone's imagination," so the titular character is described in the synopsis. "Transported to Earth years ago from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question - Why am I here?"
"Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha and Jonathan Kent, Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as 'Superman', not only to shine as the world's last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves."
The casting call itself is made to search for extras for the shooting in Nanaimo and Ucluelet on Vancouver Island. Older people would be cast as loggers in Nanaimo and commercial fishermen in Ucluelet, while some children are needed for the filming in the latter location only. Further information about the casting call can be seen on Superman Homepage.
"Man of Steel" is currently filming in the Chicago, Illinois with Henry Cavill taking the titular role. Amy Adams plays Clark/Superman's leading lady, while Michael Shannon is cast as the villain, General Zod. Directed by Zack Snyder, the action adventure movie is slated to grace theaters across the nation on June 14, 2013.
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'