Video Premiere: Red Hot Chili Peppers' 'Adventure of Rain Dance Maggie'
Red Hot Chili Peppers have released a music video supporting their new single "The Adventure of Rain Dance Maggie". Inspired by The Beatles' iconic 1969 rooftop performance, the Anthony Kiedis-fronted band rock out atop one of the buldings in Venice Beach, California.
The music video is directed by Marc Klasfeld. "We were a little bit worried because off to the side of the roof there's no safety net," he said. "We found the location at the last minute, because it had such incredible views, but on the edges of the location, you fall and you die, basically."
As for Kiedis, he shared to MTV, "We wanted to go be outside and be free and play and see what happened." Instead of going ahead with the original "indoors and dark and dank" set, they match the fun vibes of the song by taking it to the different direction. "So we thought, 'Let's go with the opposite of that,' and the opposite of that was a rooftop," he gushed.
The one that got scrapped was directed by rapper Kreayshawn. "I found out that [my treatment] was picked out of a whole bunch. ... So I was like, 'Oh, that makes it even crazier.' I went to film school and stuff, but, like, I never thought it was going to translate into something this big," she recalled how she helmed the project.
"The Adventure of Rain Dance Maggie" is the first single from Red Hot Chili Peppers' long-awaited album "I'm With You" which becomes their first album after 2006's "Stadium Arcadium". The song ruled both Billboard Rock Songs and Alternative Songs.
Red Hot Chili Peppers' "The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie" music video
More Red Hot Chili Peppers News
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6