Mariah Carey in Final Negotiations to Be 'X Factor (US)' Mentor
Mariah Carey is a step closer to join "The X Factor (US)". Simon Cowell, who has been constantly talking about his interest to have the "We Belong Together" hitmaker as part of the soon-to-be-launched show, is "still finalizing her deal to mentor," an insider reveals.
Should Carey sign the deal, she won't likely be the only diva who lends her power to the new singing competition. The insider tells Deadline that the former "American Idol" judge is reaching out to other superstars, with contacts being made now with "the Beyonces, the Rihannas, all of them."
"The X Factor (US)" will start airing on September 21 on FOX. Cowell will be joined by Paula Abdul, L.A. Reid and Nicole Scherzinger on the judging panel.
While Carey is negotiating her "X Factor" gig, her husband Nick Cannon will add his hour on small screen since he has landed a recurring role on new NBC comedy "Up All Night". The "America's Got Talent" host will play Calvin, "the wildly popular co-host to talk show star Ava (Maya Rudolph), who can't help but be jealous of the attention her energetic sidekick receives."
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'