Mariah Carey in Final Negotiations to Be 'X Factor (US)' Mentor
Mariah Carey is a step closer to join "The X Factor (US)". Simon Cowell, who has been constantly talking about his interest to have the "We Belong Together" hitmaker as part of the soon-to-be-launched show, is "still finalizing her deal to mentor," an insider reveals.
Should Carey sign the deal, she won't likely be the only diva who lends her power to the new singing competition. The insider tells Deadline that the former "American Idol" judge is reaching out to other superstars, with contacts being made now with "the Beyonces, the Rihannas, all of them."
"The X Factor (US)" will start airing on September 21 on FOX. Cowell will be joined by Paula Abdul, L.A. Reid and Nicole Scherzinger on the judging panel.
While Carey is negotiating her "X Factor" gig, her husband Nick Cannon will add his hour on small screen since he has landed a recurring role on new NBC comedy "Up All Night". The "America's Got Talent" host will play Calvin, "the wildly popular co-host to talk show star Ava (Maya Rudolph), who can't help but be jealous of the attention her energetic sidekick receives."
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single