Mariah Carey in Final Negotiations to Be 'X Factor (US)' Mentor
Mariah Carey is a step closer to join "The X Factor (US)". Simon Cowell, who has been constantly talking about his interest to have the "We Belong Together" hitmaker as part of the soon-to-be-launched show, is "still finalizing her deal to mentor," an insider reveals.
Should Carey sign the deal, she won't likely be the only diva who lends her power to the new singing competition. The insider tells Deadline that the former "American Idol" judge is reaching out to other superstars, with contacts being made now with "the Beyonces, the Rihannas, all of them."
"The X Factor (US)" will start airing on September 21 on FOX. Cowell will be joined by Paula Abdul, L.A. Reid and Nicole Scherzinger on the judging panel.
While Carey is negotiating her "X Factor" gig, her husband Nick Cannon will add his hour on small screen since he has landed a recurring role on new NBC comedy "Up All Night". The "America's Got Talent" host will play Calvin, "the wildly popular co-host to talk show star Ava (Maya Rudolph), who can't help but be jealous of the attention her energetic sidekick receives."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic