Mariah Carey in Final Negotiations to Be 'X Factor (US)' Mentor
Mariah Carey is a step closer to join "The X Factor (US)". Simon Cowell, who has been constantly talking about his interest to have the "We Belong Together" hitmaker as part of the soon-to-be-launched show, is "still finalizing her deal to mentor," an insider reveals.
Should Carey sign the deal, she won't likely be the only diva who lends her power to the new singing competition. The insider tells Deadline that the former "American Idol" judge is reaching out to other superstars, with contacts being made now with "the Beyonces, the Rihannas, all of them."
"The X Factor (US)" will start airing on September 21 on FOX. Cowell will be joined by Paula Abdul, L.A. Reid and Nicole Scherzinger on the judging panel.
While Carey is negotiating her "X Factor" gig, her husband Nick Cannon will add his hour on small screen since he has landed a recurring role on new NBC comedy "Up All Night". The "America's Got Talent" host will play Calvin, "the wildly popular co-host to talk show star Ava (Maya Rudolph), who can't help but be jealous of the attention her energetic sidekick receives."
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- Rihanna, Beyonce and More Thank Barack and Michelle Obama With Adorable Posts
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day