Mariah Carey in Final Negotiations to Be 'X Factor (US)' Mentor
Mariah Carey is a step closer to join "The X Factor (US)". Simon Cowell, who has been constantly talking about his interest to have the "We Belong Together" hitmaker as part of the soon-to-be-launched show, is "still finalizing her deal to mentor," an insider reveals.
Should Carey sign the deal, she won't likely be the only diva who lends her power to the new singing competition. The insider tells Deadline that the former "American Idol" judge is reaching out to other superstars, with contacts being made now with "the Beyonces, the Rihannas, all of them."
"The X Factor (US)" will start airing on September 21 on FOX. Cowell will be joined by Paula Abdul, L.A. Reid and Nicole Scherzinger on the judging panel.
While Carey is negotiating her "X Factor" gig, her husband Nick Cannon will add his hour on small screen since he has landed a recurring role on new NBC comedy "Up All Night". The "America's Got Talent" host will play Calvin, "the wildly popular co-host to talk show star Ava (Maya Rudolph), who can't help but be jealous of the attention her energetic sidekick receives."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture