Christine O'Donnell Walks Out of 'Piers Morgan Tonight' Over Gay Marriage Question
Piers Morgan pissed Christine O'Donnell off during an interview with questions that she thought was out of the topic she had agreed to discuss. "You're borderline being a little bit rude," the former Tea Party-backed Senate candidate from Delaware said on "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Wednesday, August 17 when the British journalist asked her about abstinence and her positions on gay marriage.
Believing his questions were relevant because the issue was in her book "Trouble Maker: Let's Do What It Takes to Make America Great Again" which they were discussing, Morgan asked O'Donnell why she was being "weird" about answering questions on her own statements. "I'm not being weird. You're being a little rude," she claimed.
"I'm promoting the policies that I laid out in the book that are mostly fiscal, that are mostly constitutional," the Republican Party politician reasoned. "That's why I agreed to come on your show. That's what I want to talk about."
"Well, don't you think as a host if I say, 'This is what I want to talk about,' that's what we should address?" O'Donnell asked back to Morgan. But the host replied, "Uh, not really, no. You're a politician," prompting O'Donnell to walk out of the interview.
"Okay, I'm being pulled away," the Tea Party favorite said as a shadowy body stepped between her and the studio's camera. She added that she "turned down another interview for this." When Morgan asked where she would be going, she said, "I was supposed to be speaking at the Republican Women's Club at 6, and I chose to be a little late for that...not to endure a rude talk show host, but to talk to you about my book and the issues I address in my book."
Shortly after the interview, Morgan took it to Twitter to recall what had just happened. "Ms. O'Donnell wasn't happy about me quizzing her re views on witchcraft and sex. But really flipped at gay marriage Qs. Ripped mike and fled," the "America's Got Talent" judge wrote. He added, "My first ever walk-out in 25 years of interviews. I guess viewers can decide if I was 'rude' or not tonight at 9pm ET. #CNN"
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'