Michael Kors Marries Longtime Partner in Beach Ceremony
Michael Kors is officially a married man. The fashion designer, who also serves as a judge on "Project Runway", has said his "I do" to longtime partner Lance LePere in a private ceremony on Dune Beach in Southampton, New York, Women's Wear Daily (WWD) reported.
The ceremony took place last Tuesday, August 16 and was officiated by Southampton Mayor Mark Epley. Speaking of the wedding, the 52-year-old told WWD, "To marry someone as wonderful and special to me as Lance barefoot on a glorious beach is more than I could have dreamed of."
Kors and LePere met in 1990 when the latter worked as an intern at the former's design house. On how they fell in love, LePere previously told New York magazine, "We share a certain level of taste, an American point of view, and I think we like to play with Americana. Over the years and the day-to-day process of dreaming together, things just naturally fell into place."
The couple were seen picking up a marriage license at City Hall in New York City on August 3, a little more than a week after New York Senate passed the marriage equality bill. An eyewitness told Lif & Style, "They were both very casually dressed. He was really nice and let the girls at the office take his picture."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart