The Game Cleared of Charges After Apologizing for Twitter Phone Prank
The Game is off the hook for jamming calls at a Compton sheriff's station with a message on Twitter. The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has announced that they will not be seeking criminal charges against the "Hate It or Love It" hitmaker after he made public apology for the "joke gone wrong".
Capt. Mike Parker said in a statement, "His willingness to help share with the media and the community that the safety of the public is what is most important, is a great message." He added, "Based upon our investigation, as well as consultation with the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, the LASD considers the criminal investigation into this matter closed."
Last Friday, August 12, a tweet offering an internship with The Game was posted on his Twitter account. It included a phone number which turned out to be the emergency line of the Compton sheriff's station. Initially, the rapper denied responsibility for tweeting out the number and claimed to have been hacked.
On Wednesday, August 17, however, Game offered his apology on CNN. "My sincerest apologies to the Sheriff's Department, and it was a joke gone wrong," he said. "If anybody wants to take it further than that, I guess they have to do what they have to do." He added, "If my apology is not enough, I don't understand what else can be done."
Explaining what happened the day the tweet was posted, the former G-Unit member recalled, "I was doing a photo shoot, and it was downtown Los Angeles, and one of my boys picked up my phone and started tweeting random numbers. Whenever his phone is laying around and my phone is laying around, we tweet from each other's page. That's what happened."
More The Game News
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?