The Situation Reacts to Abercrombie Diss, 'Jersey Shore' Co-Star Lands Endorsement Deal
The Situation isn't staying quiet about Abercrombie & Fitch's substantial payment offer for him not to wear their apparel. After news broke out that the brand's market stock has dropped 9% ever since, the "Jersey Shore" star took to Twitter to share a piece of his mind regarding the matter.
Along with a link a CNNMoney article that detailed the decline of Abercrombie's stock, the reality star whose real name is Mike Sorrentino tweeted, "Looks like Abercrombie got themself into a Situation!" He followed it up with another post that read, "Thanks #SituationNation for always having my back and you are the best fans in the world! I love you guys!"
MTV, who hosts Situation's "Jersey Shore", has also responded to Abercrombie's money offer. Through a spokesperson, the network said in a statement, "It's a clever PR stunt, and we'd love to work with them on other ways they can leverage Jersey Shore to reach the largest youth audience on television."
Back on Tuesday, August 16, Abercrombie announced their decision to disassociate from The Situation. "We are deeply concerned that Mr. Sorrentino's association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image. We understand that the show is for entertainment purposes but believe this association is contrary to the aspiration nature of our brand and may be distressing to many of our fans," they reasoned.
While The Situation got dissed by Abercrombie, his co-star Vinny Guadagnino signed an endorsement deal with Phillips Norelco. In a press release, the company revealed they have partnered with the reality star "to help guys get their style in check before heading back to school."
"As a leader in men's grooming, Philips Norelco understands that guys are looking for an easy-to-use, all-in-one solution to achieve their own personal style," Marketing Director Kristi Crump said in the statement. "We are excited to partner with Vinny to show guys how easy it is to get and maintain a look that's unique and right for them, while at the same time saving some cash."
Vinny himself shared, "Today, style is all about customization and confidence." The 23-year-old added, "GTL - or gym, tan, laundry - can only get you so far. DIY - do-it-yourself - is the real key to personalized style. ... With a few simple tricks and the right tools, any guy can head back to school looking and feeling great."
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head