The Situation Reacts to Abercrombie Diss, 'Jersey Shore' Co-Star Lands Endorsement Deal
The Situation isn't staying quiet about Abercrombie & Fitch's substantial payment offer for him not to wear their apparel. After news broke out that the brand's market stock has dropped 9% ever since, the "Jersey Shore" star took to Twitter to share a piece of his mind regarding the matter.
Along with a link a CNNMoney article that detailed the decline of Abercrombie's stock, the reality star whose real name is Mike Sorrentino tweeted, "Looks like Abercrombie got themself into a Situation!" He followed it up with another post that read, "Thanks #SituationNation for always having my back and you are the best fans in the world! I love you guys!"
MTV, who hosts Situation's "Jersey Shore", has also responded to Abercrombie's money offer. Through a spokesperson, the network said in a statement, "It's a clever PR stunt, and we'd love to work with them on other ways they can leverage Jersey Shore to reach the largest youth audience on television."
Back on Tuesday, August 16, Abercrombie announced their decision to disassociate from The Situation. "We are deeply concerned that Mr. Sorrentino's association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image. We understand that the show is for entertainment purposes but believe this association is contrary to the aspiration nature of our brand and may be distressing to many of our fans," they reasoned.
While The Situation got dissed by Abercrombie, his co-star Vinny Guadagnino signed an endorsement deal with Phillips Norelco. In a press release, the company revealed they have partnered with the reality star "to help guys get their style in check before heading back to school."
"As a leader in men's grooming, Philips Norelco understands that guys are looking for an easy-to-use, all-in-one solution to achieve their own personal style," Marketing Director Kristi Crump said in the statement. "We are excited to partner with Vinny to show guys how easy it is to get and maintain a look that's unique and right for them, while at the same time saving some cash."
Vinny himself shared, "Today, style is all about customization and confidence." The 23-year-old added, "GTL - or gym, tan, laundry - can only get you so far. DIY - do-it-yourself - is the real key to personalized style. ... With a few simple tricks and the right tools, any guy can head back to school looking and feeling great."
More Jersey Shore News
- Selena Gomez Has Lunch Date With The Weeknd After Celebrating Birthday Without Him
- Newlyweds Kate Mara and Jamie Bell Flaunt Wedding Rings in Cute Pic
- 'Game of Thrones' 7.03 Preview: Jon Snow Meets Daenerys
- Jay-Z Spends Second Week Atop Billboard 200 With '4:44', French Montana Debuts at No. 3
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park