Ice-T Fires Back After Making Insensitive Comment on Russell Armstrong's Death
Rapper Ice-T made insensitive comment on Twitter about Russell Armstrong, the estranged husband of "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Taylor Armstrong. On the same day the news that Russell had committed suicide, Ice-T wrote, "Bad joke.. but alotta those wives would make me consider it."
Russell was found dead on Monday, August 15, hanging in a bedroom at his home on Mulholland Drive, Los Angeles. Reports said that the businessman took his own life because of depression stemming from his impending divorce from Taylor and the decline in his business.
Soon after his tweet made the headlines, Ice-T slammed media for blowing it out of proportion. He tweeted, "The lack of people caring about REAL issues has caused the media to focus on dumb shit like TWITTER comments.@THR attempting to create drama." He linked THR's story which asks people's opinion about the rapper's first tweet about Russell.
At relatively the same time, Ice-T also slammed "Jersey Shore". He wrote, "A guy asked me my key to success & whats the difference between us. I said 'Did you see the last 3 episodes of Jersey Shore?' Yes 'I didn't'."
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album