'Sex and the City' Prequel May Land on The CW
"Sex and the City" prequel is likely going to happen despite objection from some people working on the previous projects. But unlike rumors which said it would be turned into a movie, Candice Bushnell's "The Carrie Diaries" will be turned into a new TV series, possibly via The CW.
HBO actually owns the rights to "The Carrie Diaries" because it adapted "SATC" into the hit series. However, since the story about younger Carrie Bradshaw would not fit the network's targeted audience, it is looking for another outlet for the potential series.
"Discussions are underway for The Carrie Diaries, Candice Bushnell's book about Carrie Bradshaw's high school years, to find a home as a potential television series," HBO said in a statement. It is believed that The CW would be the choice to launch the "SATC" prequel because the network is a Time Warner corporate sibling to HBO and has young female target demographic.
Deadline additionally reports that "Gossip Girl" executive producers, Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, are being touted to executive produce the new project alongside Bushnell, while Warner Bros TV will produce. Meanwhile, "SATC" creator Darren Star will not be involved since it is said that the show will be done with a new creative team.
A rep for the star and executive producer for the original series, Sarah Jessica Parker, also says the actress is not attached to "The Carrie Diaries" so far. Meanwhile, "SATC" series showrunner Michael Patrick King, who also directed the two film installments, may not be involved in the project since he recently said, "I'm not working on any Sex and the City prequel at all."
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern