Former Miss Delaware Wins 'MasterChef' Season 2
Jennifer Behm ended season 2 of "MasterChef" with a victory on her part. The former real estate agent won in the Tuesday (August 16) finale which left Adrien Nieto and Christian Collins as the other remaining finalists.
Collins was kicked out early in the episode after he failed to impress judges in the last elimination test. For the challenge, they were required to make a dish with Joe Bastiani's favorite ingredients, but Collins forgot to get one ingredient for his menu of Veal, mashed potatoes and vegetables.
In the last step to win $250,000 and a cookbook contract, Behm and Nieto had to make an appetizer, entree and dessert that embodied them as chefs and as human beings. Former Miss Delaware Behm served scallops and quail egg with pea puree, a stuffed quail with potato mash and a poached pear dessert for her "restaurant-style" dishes.
Meanwhile, Nieto opted to make dishes he learned to cook at home. The passionate waiter served a prawn taquitos, beer braised short ribs with a cauliflower and parsnip puree, and a chocolate cake infused with blood oranges.
The judges decided to grant the winner title to Behm after a long debate. While the pre-taped finale was aired on FOX, the founder of a catering company, Pink Martini, was watching the show at a viewing party at the Columbus Inn.
More MasterChef News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'