Former Miss Delaware Wins 'MasterChef' Season 2
Jennifer Behm ended season 2 of "MasterChef" with a victory on her part. The former real estate agent won in the Tuesday (August 16) finale which left Adrien Nieto and Christian Collins as the other remaining finalists.
Collins was kicked out early in the episode after he failed to impress judges in the last elimination test. For the challenge, they were required to make a dish with Joe Bastiani's favorite ingredients, but Collins forgot to get one ingredient for his menu of Veal, mashed potatoes and vegetables.
In the last step to win $250,000 and a cookbook contract, Behm and Nieto had to make an appetizer, entree and dessert that embodied them as chefs and as human beings. Former Miss Delaware Behm served scallops and quail egg with pea puree, a stuffed quail with potato mash and a poached pear dessert for her "restaurant-style" dishes.
Meanwhile, Nieto opted to make dishes he learned to cook at home. The passionate waiter served a prawn taquitos, beer braised short ribs with a cauliflower and parsnip puree, and a chocolate cake infused with blood oranges.
The judges decided to grant the winner title to Behm after a long debate. While the pre-taped finale was aired on FOX, the founder of a catering company, Pink Martini, was watching the show at a viewing party at the Columbus Inn.
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'