May 24, 2016  

Organizers Agree With Michael Jackson's Fans, Remove KISS From Line-Up

August 17, 2011 (4:03 am) GMT
On behalf of the promoters, Global Events Live CEO Chris Hunt admits their mistake and apologizes for booking KISS for the late King of Pop tribute concert.

Organizers for tribute concert have apologized for recruiting as one of the performers at the upcoming remembrance event. They admitted that the booking was an "oversight" on their part, and quickly fixed it up by removing the masked hard rock band from the line-up.

"We have listened to Michael's fans and are grateful to have been alerted to some unfortunate statements made by about Michael," said Global Events Live CEO Chris Hunt. "Under the circumstances we fully agree that even though KISS is a band Michael admired its members should not appear in our tribute concert."

On August 15 soon after KISS were announced as the new performer, MJ's devotees and the executors of Michael Jackson Estate went furious and spoke up their protest. They called the participation of the band was an insult to the late King of Pop due to Gene's statement back in 2010.

"Where there's smoke, there's fire. There's no question in my mind he molested those kids. Not a doubt," Gene said back then. "The only sexual references ever made about Michael Jackson that were made by anyone, anywhere around the world, have always been made by kids, and specifically males usually 10 to 14 years of age; never females, that age or older, and never grown men."

Now that KISS are no longer available, "Michael Forever Tribute Concert" left , Green, , , , and T3 on the performer list. The gig will take place at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, on October 8.

Since being announced by MJ's mother Katherine and siblings Tito, Marlon, Jackie and last month, the concert has already drawn controversy. Randy and disapproved it due to the timing which is around the same time the proceedings for trial surrounding MJ's death will take place.

More Michael Jackson News

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
  2. Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
  3. Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
  4. 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
  5. Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
  6. Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
  7. Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
  8. Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story