Organizers Agree With Michael Jackson's Fans, Remove KISS From Line-Up
Organizers for Michael Jackson tribute concert have apologized for recruiting KISS as one of the performers at the upcoming remembrance event. They admitted that the booking was an "oversight" on their part, and quickly fixed it up by removing the masked hard rock band from the line-up.
"We have listened to Michael's fans and are grateful to have been alerted to some unfortunate statements made by Gene Simmons about Michael," said Global Events Live CEO Chris Hunt. "Under the circumstances we fully agree that even though KISS is a band Michael admired its members should not appear in our tribute concert."
On August 15 soon after KISS were announced as the new performer, MJ's devotees and the executors of Michael Jackson Estate went furious and spoke up their protest. They called the participation of the band was an insult to the late King of Pop due to Gene's statement back in 2010.
"Where there's smoke, there's fire. There's no question in my mind he molested those kids. Not a doubt," Gene said back then. "The only sexual references ever made about Michael Jackson that were made by anyone, anywhere around the world, have always been made by kids, and specifically males usually 10 to 14 years of age; never females, that age or older, and never grown men."
Now that KISS are no longer available, "Michael Forever Tribute Concert" left Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Leona Lewis, Smokey Robinson, Craig David, JLS and T3 on the performer list. The gig will take place at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, on October 8.
Since being announced by MJ's mother Katherine and siblings Tito, Marlon, Jackie and La Toya Jackson last month, the concert has already drawn controversy. Randy and Jermaine Jackson disapproved it due to the timing which is around the same time the proceedings for trial surrounding MJ's death will take place.
More Michael Jackson News
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer