Sugarland Plan Memorial Service for Victims of Indiana Stage Collapse
Sugarland are going to honor the five fans who died when a stage at the Indiana State Fairgrounds collapsed just before they performed last Saturday, August 13. In a letter they posted on their website on Tuesday, August 16, Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush announced their plan for a memorial service.
"We are in the process of planning a private memorial in Indiana, to honor those fans who died," the country duo said. They, however, will wait until the families have gone through their own services and memorials. "Until that time we are holding vigil for them," they added. "We join them on their mourning benches. And we stand in the gap asking God to offer them peace and healing."
In the letter, the "All I Want to Do" hitmaker also noted, "For those suffering from injury we hold you up with prayers for complete healing of your own." On their own struggle in coming to terms with the tragedy, they wrote, "There is healing in our being together. There is healing in our working together."
The duo continued to announce they are resuming their tour. "For this reason we are planning to get back on the road this weekend, beginning with our scheduled show in Albuquerque this Thursday, August 18th," they shared. "The emotions have us yearning to be close to each other immediately. The logistics have us needing to replace all of our instruments and equipment."
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?