Sugarland Plan Memorial Service for Victims of Indiana Stage Collapse
Sugarland are going to honor the five fans who died when a stage at the Indiana State Fairgrounds collapsed just before they performed last Saturday, August 13. In a letter they posted on their website on Tuesday, August 16, Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush announced their plan for a memorial service.
"We are in the process of planning a private memorial in Indiana, to honor those fans who died," the country duo said. They, however, will wait until the families have gone through their own services and memorials. "Until that time we are holding vigil for them," they added. "We join them on their mourning benches. And we stand in the gap asking God to offer them peace and healing."
In the letter, the "All I Want to Do" hitmaker also noted, "For those suffering from injury we hold you up with prayers for complete healing of your own." On their own struggle in coming to terms with the tragedy, they wrote, "There is healing in our being together. There is healing in our working together."
The duo continued to announce they are resuming their tour. "For this reason we are planning to get back on the road this weekend, beginning with our scheduled show in Albuquerque this Thursday, August 18th," they shared. "The emotions have us yearning to be close to each other immediately. The logistics have us needing to replace all of our instruments and equipment."
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory