Matthew McConaughey to Own Strip Club in Channing Tatum's 'Magic Mike'
Matthew McConaughey reportedly has been tapped in stripper movie "Magic Mike". According to Variety, the "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" star is said to play a former exotic dancer named Dallas who retires from his job to run a strip club "Xquisite".
McConaughey joins previously-announced cast Channing Tatum and Alex Pettyfer. The 41-year-old actor will be the employer of both Tatum and Pettyfer in the movie which was written based on Tatum's real-life experience of working as a teen stripper.
Instead of portraying himself, "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" hunk Tatum will play the titular character. Meanwhile, "Beastly" star Pettyfer will tackle the younger version of the "Haywire" star. The former will learn how to hustle on and off the stage from the latter.
Reid Carolin writes the script, Nick Wechsler, Gregory Jacobs and Tatum team up as producers, and Steven Soderbergh sits behinds the lens. Promising to bring something "sexy, funny and shocking", the pic is expected to hit theaters in the summer of 2012.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group