Matthew McConaughey to Own Strip Club in Channing Tatum's 'Magic Mike'
Matthew McConaughey reportedly has been tapped in stripper movie "Magic Mike". According to Variety, the "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" star is said to play a former exotic dancer named Dallas who retires from his job to run a strip club "Xquisite".
McConaughey joins previously-announced cast Channing Tatum and Alex Pettyfer. The 41-year-old actor will be the employer of both Tatum and Pettyfer in the movie which was written based on Tatum's real-life experience of working as a teen stripper.
Instead of portraying himself, "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" hunk Tatum will play the titular character. Meanwhile, "Beastly" star Pettyfer will tackle the younger version of the "Haywire" star. The former will learn how to hustle on and off the stage from the latter.
Reid Carolin writes the script, Nick Wechsler, Gregory Jacobs and Tatum team up as producers, and Steven Soderbergh sits behinds the lens. Promising to bring something "sexy, funny and shocking", the pic is expected to hit theaters in the summer of 2012.
More Magic Mike News
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!
- Watch Analeigh Tipton and Sofia Black D'Elia Battle Worm Flu Epidemic in 'Viral' Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Reportedly Pregnant Again With Ex Scott Disick's Baby
- 'Wayward Pines' 2.07 Preview: I Won't Surrender
- Get the Details of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Mid-Nuptial Agreement