Matthew McConaughey to Own Strip Club in Channing Tatum's 'Magic Mike'
Matthew McConaughey reportedly has been tapped in stripper movie "Magic Mike". According to Variety, the "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" star is said to play a former exotic dancer named Dallas who retires from his job to run a strip club "Xquisite".
McConaughey joins previously-announced cast Channing Tatum and Alex Pettyfer. The 41-year-old actor will be the employer of both Tatum and Pettyfer in the movie which was written based on Tatum's real-life experience of working as a teen stripper.
Instead of portraying himself, "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" hunk Tatum will play the titular character. Meanwhile, "Beastly" star Pettyfer will tackle the younger version of the "Haywire" star. The former will learn how to hustle on and off the stage from the latter.
Reid Carolin writes the script, Nick Wechsler, Gregory Jacobs and Tatum team up as producers, and Steven Soderbergh sits behinds the lens. Promising to bring something "sexy, funny and shocking", the pic is expected to hit theaters in the summer of 2012.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt