Taylor Momsen Announces Retirement From Acting
Taylor Momsen has ditched the Jenny Humphries days completely. The former "Gossip Girl" star has confirmed that she will not return to the acting world, saying she would rather spend her time focusing on her music career with The Pretty Reckless.
"I quit acting. I quit 'Gossip Girl' and now tour and am in a band," the 18-year-old told Elle magazine's website. "That's pretty much all I want to do. Hopefully, I'll be able to only do that for the rest of my life." Speaking of her music, she said that writing one "is a very tortuous process, but, you know, I would say one of the most rewarding at the end."
Momsen took an indefinite hiatus from the CW series in November last year and six months later it was confirmed that she was not returning after all. In April she told Us Weekly, "[Music] is all I ever wanted to do with my life. I wanted to make records and tour, so it's very exciting that our first record is coming out and people can actually hear it."
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'