Taylor Momsen Announces Retirement From Acting
Taylor Momsen has ditched the Jenny Humphries days completely. The former "Gossip Girl" star has confirmed that she will not return to the acting world, saying she would rather spend her time focusing on her music career with The Pretty Reckless.
"I quit acting. I quit 'Gossip Girl' and now tour and am in a band," the 18-year-old told Elle magazine's website. "That's pretty much all I want to do. Hopefully, I'll be able to only do that for the rest of my life." Speaking of her music, she said that writing one "is a very tortuous process, but, you know, I would say one of the most rewarding at the end."
Momsen took an indefinite hiatus from the CW series in November last year and six months later it was confirmed that she was not returning after all. In April she told Us Weekly, "[Music] is all I ever wanted to do with my life. I wanted to make records and tour, so it's very exciting that our first record is coming out and people can actually hear it."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding