Taylor Momsen Announces Retirement From Acting
Taylor Momsen has ditched the Jenny Humphries days completely. The former "Gossip Girl" star has confirmed that she will not return to the acting world, saying she would rather spend her time focusing on her music career with The Pretty Reckless.
"I quit acting. I quit 'Gossip Girl' and now tour and am in a band," the 18-year-old told Elle magazine's website. "That's pretty much all I want to do. Hopefully, I'll be able to only do that for the rest of my life." Speaking of her music, she said that writing one "is a very tortuous process, but, you know, I would say one of the most rewarding at the end."
Momsen took an indefinite hiatus from the CW series in November last year and six months later it was confirmed that she was not returning after all. In April she told Us Weekly, "[Music] is all I ever wanted to do with my life. I wanted to make records and tour, so it's very exciting that our first record is coming out and people can actually hear it."
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection