Taylor Momsen Announces Retirement From Acting
Taylor Momsen has ditched the Jenny Humphries days completely. The former "Gossip Girl" star has confirmed that she will not return to the acting world, saying she would rather spend her time focusing on her music career with The Pretty Reckless.
"I quit acting. I quit 'Gossip Girl' and now tour and am in a band," the 18-year-old told Elle magazine's website. "That's pretty much all I want to do. Hopefully, I'll be able to only do that for the rest of my life." Speaking of her music, she said that writing one "is a very tortuous process, but, you know, I would say one of the most rewarding at the end."
Momsen took an indefinite hiatus from the CW series in November last year and six months later it was confirmed that she was not returning after all. In April she told Us Weekly, "[Music] is all I ever wanted to do with my life. I wanted to make records and tour, so it's very exciting that our first record is coming out and people can actually hear it."
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds