Jon Gosselin Responds to 'Kate Plus 8' Cancellation: I'm Very Relieved
One person who cheers upon the cancellation of TLC's "Kate Plus 8" is Jon Gosselin. The ex-husband of the reality show's star Kate Gosselin is "very relieved" now that the show comes to an end because his children can now lead a "normal life".
The cancellation was announced on Monday, August 15 and Kate said that she and the kids were sad but still look forward to other endeavors. Jon has been against the show since it was relaunched last year, saying that his twins and sextuplets have been exposed too much to the public. He even prevented TLC from filming his kids for a while.
Now that his wish is granted a year later, Jon told Radar Online, "I hope they can have more private family moments. I hope that this will bring more privacy to my children and that they can get the proper attention they need for any personal issues they might have in the future."
Jon, who announced separation to Kate in 2009, added, "Contracts have to end at some point. I think everything had run its course and it was time to come to an end anyways." Asked whether he knows what ex-wife would do next, Jon admitted, "I have no clue. I hope she dedicates more time to the kids now and I wish her the best as she goes forward with whatever career she wants to pursue."
Kate said she wanted to return to her nursing job but she has to provide for her eight kids. Therefore, she plans, among others, motivational speaking, book writing and more TV.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March