Miley Cyrus Beats Justin Bieber to Be Celebrity Bowling Hall of Fame Inductee
Miley Cyrus has secured her inducted into the Celebrity Bowling Hall of Fame. Collecting 42% of votes that was cast between July 12 and August 6 this year, the former "Hannah Montana" star beat out strong contender Justin Bieber, who trailed behind with 30% of votes.
Steve Johnson, executive director of the Bowling Proprietors' Association of America, admitted to have predicted the battle between the two stars. He said in a press release, "We knew that with mega stars such as Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber in our line-up that this year's race would be a close one."
"Fueled by the passion and support of her supporters and bowling fans worldwide, Ms. Cyrus rose to the occasion scoring an incredible comeback victory," Johnson continued on. "We are honored to welcome her into the Hall of Fame and grateful for her support of the great sport of bowling."
Aside from Bieber, Cyrus also came out victorious over other nominees that are also comprised of Hollywood stars, professional athletes and Hip-Hop artists. Brothers Nick Jonas and Joe Jonas settled for third with 10%, "Tron Legacy" star Jeff Bridges got fourth place with 5%, and Lady GaGa rounded up top 5 with 3%.
This is the second year in a row the induction slipped out of Bieber's grab although he has already had an early lead in the competition. Last year, the teen pop sensation has to admit defeat from country music star Taylor Swift, who made a comeback in the final hours.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio