Miley Cyrus Beats Justin Bieber to Be Celebrity Bowling Hall of Fame Inductee
Miley Cyrus has secured her inducted into the Celebrity Bowling Hall of Fame. Collecting 42% of votes that was cast between July 12 and August 6 this year, the former "Hannah Montana" star beat out strong contender Justin Bieber, who trailed behind with 30% of votes.
Steve Johnson, executive director of the Bowling Proprietors' Association of America, admitted to have predicted the battle between the two stars. He said in a press release, "We knew that with mega stars such as Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber in our line-up that this year's race would be a close one."
"Fueled by the passion and support of her supporters and bowling fans worldwide, Ms. Cyrus rose to the occasion scoring an incredible comeback victory," Johnson continued on. "We are honored to welcome her into the Hall of Fame and grateful for her support of the great sport of bowling."
Aside from Bieber, Cyrus also came out victorious over other nominees that are also comprised of Hollywood stars, professional athletes and Hip-Hop artists. Brothers Nick Jonas and Joe Jonas settled for third with 10%, "Tron Legacy" star Jeff Bridges got fourth place with 5%, and Lady GaGa rounded up top 5 with 3%.
This is the second year in a row the induction slipped out of Bieber's grab although he has already had an early lead in the competition. Last year, the teen pop sensation has to admit defeat from country music star Taylor Swift, who made a comeback in the final hours.
More Miley Cyrus News
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years