Miley Cyrus Beats Justin Bieber to Be Celebrity Bowling Hall of Fame Inductee
Miley Cyrus has secured her inducted into the Celebrity Bowling Hall of Fame. Collecting 42% of votes that was cast between July 12 and August 6 this year, the former "Hannah Montana" star beat out strong contender Justin Bieber, who trailed behind with 30% of votes.
Steve Johnson, executive director of the Bowling Proprietors' Association of America, admitted to have predicted the battle between the two stars. He said in a press release, "We knew that with mega stars such as Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber in our line-up that this year's race would be a close one."
"Fueled by the passion and support of her supporters and bowling fans worldwide, Ms. Cyrus rose to the occasion scoring an incredible comeback victory," Johnson continued on. "We are honored to welcome her into the Hall of Fame and grateful for her support of the great sport of bowling."
Aside from Bieber, Cyrus also came out victorious over other nominees that are also comprised of Hollywood stars, professional athletes and Hip-Hop artists. Brothers Nick Jonas and Joe Jonas settled for third with 10%, "Tron Legacy" star Jeff Bridges got fourth place with 5%, and Lady GaGa rounded up top 5 with 3%.
This is the second year in a row the induction slipped out of Bieber's grab although he has already had an early lead in the competition. Last year, the teen pop sensation has to admit defeat from country music star Taylor Swift, who made a comeback in the final hours.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off