Bradley Cooper Leaving 'The Crow', Mark Wahlberg Being Considered to Replace
Bradley Cooper won't be playing Eric Draven in "The Crow" as planned. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the "Limitless" actor has decided to walk away from the Juan Carlos Fresnadillo-directed remake film because of scheduling conflicts.
The upcoming supernatural action film is actually expected to begin shooting in the first quarter of 2012, but Cooper still has two other projects on his sleeves. He is set to start filming "The Silver Linings Playbook" this fall, before moving forward with "Paradise Lost" in early next year.
The absence of the lead actor led Relativity Media to looking for other candidates for Cooper's replacement. It was rumored that Mark Wahlberg and Channing Tatum are the candidates eyed to take over. Wahlberg was actually offered to take the part last fall, but the studio never sealed any deal with him.
Based on a comic book series by James O'Barr, "The Crow" follows Draven, a musician who is brutally killed when he's trying to rescue his fiancee Shelly from street thugs. Brought back to life by supernatural forces, he becomes an avenger in his quest for revenge.
The original film was produced in 1993 with the late Brandon Lee in the starring role. It grossed $50.7 million in the U.S. box office and $94 million worldwide. Unfortunately, the movie was marred because of Lee's unexpected death in an accident during the filming.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier