MTV Renews 'Awkward' for Season 2
As it was anticipated, MTV officially renewed comedy series "Awkward" for season 2. The network has ordered 12 episodes for the new chapter which is slated to debut in early 2012. "We love the show and Awkward's comedic voice really shines through in such a brilliant way in these episodes," MTV head of programming David Janollari gushed about the show.
The news comes on the heels of a high rating for the teen series. It drew 1.9 million viewers on Tuesday, August 9, up from the 1.7 million who tuned in the July 19 series premiere. Last week's episode also drew 2.0 rating, up 21 percent from the week before.
"Awkward" is created by Lauren Iungerich, whom Janollari praised for her voice which is "incredibly resonant" with MTV's core young audience. The network will also produce a new pilot from Iungerich titled "Dumb Girls".
Starring Ashley Rickards as main character Jenna Hamilton, "Awkward" airs every Tuesday at 11 P.M. There are seven episodes left from the first season.
MTV has previously renewed another freshman "Teen Wolf", but decided not to move forward with its sophomore "The Hard Times of Rj Berger".
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert