'Spider-Man' Musical Actor Locks Jeff Buckley Role in Jake Scott-Directed Biopic
The Jake Scott version of Jeff Buckley biopic has finally found its leading man. The "Welcome to the Rileys" director has chosen Reeve Carney to portray the late musician in the project which is still untitled.
Explaining his reason to pick the 28-year-old actor, who sounds not familiar in Hollywood, Scott said, "We are excited to have found in Reeve the perfect combination of musical prodigy, impish charm, innate intelligence and sensitivity to play Jeff." Carney himself is best known for playing Peter Parker a.k.a Spider-Man in the Broadway show "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark".
Moreover, Buckley's mother Mary Guibert, who serves as executive producer for the project, also gave her approval for Carney. "We are over the moon that Reeve has agreed to take on this challenging role," Guibert said, before adding, "He's been getting ready for this all his life. It certainly doesn't hurt that he looks so much like Jeff."
Previously, there was a swirling speculation that Robert Pattinson was wanted to star in the biopic. The Edward Cullen of the "Twilight Saga" franchise had formerly lost the coveted role to "Gossip Girl" star Penn Badgley in another version of Buckley's film, "Greetings from Tim Buckley", which is directed by Dan Algrant.
The untitled Jeff Buckley project follows the short life of the inspirational singer-songwriter who died at the age of 30 in a mysterious drowning accident in Wolf River Harbor. The production will begin in November in New York and Memphis with Michelle Sy and Orian Williams serving as the producers. Ryan Jaffe, meanwhile, will provide the script.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory