'Spider-Man' Musical Actor Locks Jeff Buckley Role in Jake Scott-Directed Biopic
The Jake Scott version of Jeff Buckley biopic has finally found its leading man. The "Welcome to the Rileys" director has chosen Reeve Carney to portray the late musician in the project which is still untitled.
Explaining his reason to pick the 28-year-old actor, who sounds not familiar in Hollywood, Scott said, "We are excited to have found in Reeve the perfect combination of musical prodigy, impish charm, innate intelligence and sensitivity to play Jeff." Carney himself is best known for playing Peter Parker a.k.a Spider-Man in the Broadway show "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark".
Moreover, Buckley's mother Mary Guibert, who serves as executive producer for the project, also gave her approval for Carney. "We are over the moon that Reeve has agreed to take on this challenging role," Guibert said, before adding, "He's been getting ready for this all his life. It certainly doesn't hurt that he looks so much like Jeff."
Previously, there was a swirling speculation that Robert Pattinson was wanted to star in the biopic. The Edward Cullen of the "Twilight Saga" franchise had formerly lost the coveted role to "Gossip Girl" star Penn Badgley in another version of Buckley's film, "Greetings from Tim Buckley", which is directed by Dan Algrant.
The untitled Jeff Buckley project follows the short life of the inspirational singer-songwriter who died at the age of 30 in a mysterious drowning accident in Wolf River Harbor. The production will begin in November in New York and Memphis with Michelle Sy and Orian Williams serving as the producers. Ryan Jaffe, meanwhile, will provide the script.
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings