Brad Pitt In Talks to Play Elite Assassin in 'The Gray Man'
Brad Pitt is reportedly in negotiation to tackle the main role in New Regency's new project "The Gray Man". The "Inglourious Basterds" actor is said to play a CIA agent-turned-elite assassin who is on the run when his last job goes bad. While dodging the forces who are out to get him, he has to keep his family safe.
The movie is based on Mark Greaney's thriller novel of the same name. Adam Cozad will provide the script, and Pitt's Plan B partner Dede Gardner will serve as a producer along with Stephen Garrett of Shine. James Gray, meanwhile, is tapped to sit behind the lens.
Talking about the similarity between his project and the "Bourne" movie series, Gray once said, "What [Paul Greengrass] did was a documentary-style objective approach, and he owns that style." He added, "I want to do the opposite, which feels like a good way to sympathize with a professional hitman. You humanize him by never distancing yourself from his experience. This story has emotional stakes that enable me to do that."
When the movie was first mentioned last January, Pitt was named as a possible candidate for the leading man, but the report was quickly denied. Rumor has it, the actor was not able to commit to the project because he and his partner Angelina Jolie prefer not to work simultaneously. The "Salt" actress was busy directing "In the Land of Blood and Honey" back then.
There is no official word when the production will kick off, but some suggested it will begin as soon as Pitt finishes filming his movie "World War Z". In the Marc Foster-directed movie, he takes on the role of a researcher who works for the U.N. Postwar Commission. The flick will be released in the U.S. on December 21, 2012.
Beside shooting "World War Z", Pitt is also waiting for the release of his other new movie "Moneyball" across the country on September 23. A few years ago, he starred in New Regency's "Fight Club" and "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" which cumed more than $430 million worldwide.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show