'Kate Plus 8' Canceled, Kate Gosselin Looking Forward to 'Bright Future'
TLC has pulled the plug on "Kate Plus 8". The network announced on Monday, August 15 that it decided not to renew the show, which was previously called "Jon & Kate Plus 8", for another season.
Kate Gosselin later took it to Twitter to respond to the show's cancellation. "We've had a great run! Six years of whirlwind funfilled adventures thanks to TLC and our many many supportive &diehard fans!" she wrote in a series of posts.
"While it is very sad for me and the kids (there were many tears at the breakfast table this morning!), we are looking forward with great anticipation to our bright future!" she added. "As is very typical for me, I am choosing to see the positive in this situation and I am excited to consider the many more invigorating opportunities that may come my way!"
By the end of this season, "Kate Plus 8" will have hit the 150 episode mark. The final episode will air Monday, September 12. TLC plans to keep in touch with Gosselin and the kids with peridoc specials in the future.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune