'Kate Plus 8' Canceled, Kate Gosselin Looking Forward to 'Bright Future'
TLC has pulled the plug on "Kate Plus 8". The network announced on Monday, August 15 that it decided not to renew the show, which was previously called "Jon & Kate Plus 8", for another season.
Kate Gosselin later took it to Twitter to respond to the show's cancellation. "We've had a great run! Six years of whirlwind funfilled adventures thanks to TLC and our many many supportive &diehard fans!" she wrote in a series of posts.
"While it is very sad for me and the kids (there were many tears at the breakfast table this morning!), we are looking forward with great anticipation to our bright future!" she added. "As is very typical for me, I am choosing to see the positive in this situation and I am excited to consider the many more invigorating opportunities that may come my way!"
By the end of this season, "Kate Plus 8" will have hit the 150 episode mark. The final episode will air Monday, September 12. TLC plans to keep in touch with Gosselin and the kids with peridoc specials in the future.
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses