'Kate Plus 8' Canceled, Kate Gosselin Looking Forward to 'Bright Future'
TLC has pulled the plug on "Kate Plus 8". The network announced on Monday, August 15 that it decided not to renew the show, which was previously called "Jon & Kate Plus 8", for another season.
Kate Gosselin later took it to Twitter to respond to the show's cancellation. "We've had a great run! Six years of whirlwind funfilled adventures thanks to TLC and our many many supportive &diehard fans!" she wrote in a series of posts.
"While it is very sad for me and the kids (there were many tears at the breakfast table this morning!), we are looking forward with great anticipation to our bright future!" she added. "As is very typical for me, I am choosing to see the positive in this situation and I am excited to consider the many more invigorating opportunities that may come my way!"
By the end of this season, "Kate Plus 8" will have hit the 150 episode mark. The final episode will air Monday, September 12. TLC plans to keep in touch with Gosselin and the kids with peridoc specials in the future.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'