'Kate Plus 8' Canceled, Kate Gosselin Looking Forward to 'Bright Future'
TLC has pulled the plug on "Kate Plus 8". The network announced on Monday, August 15 that it decided not to renew the show, which was previously called "Jon & Kate Plus 8", for another season.
Kate Gosselin later took it to Twitter to respond to the show's cancellation. "We've had a great run! Six years of whirlwind funfilled adventures thanks to TLC and our many many supportive &diehard fans!" she wrote in a series of posts.
"While it is very sad for me and the kids (there were many tears at the breakfast table this morning!), we are looking forward with great anticipation to our bright future!" she added. "As is very typical for me, I am choosing to see the positive in this situation and I am excited to consider the many more invigorating opportunities that may come my way!"
By the end of this season, "Kate Plus 8" will have hit the 150 episode mark. The final episode will air Monday, September 12. TLC plans to keep in touch with Gosselin and the kids with peridoc specials in the future.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics