Three Actresses Eying to Be Tom Cruise's Leading Lady in 'One Shot'
Hayley Atwell, Alexa Davalos and Rosamund Pike are up against each other for a coveted role in "One Shot". On Saturday, August 13, the three actresses have reportedly read for the female lead part in the movie.
Whoever chosen will star opposite Tom Cruise and tackle the role of a tough lawyer who is also the daughter of the discrict attorney. Brit Marling was said to be the early favorite, but her schedule did not work. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Paramount Pictures and Skydance are looking "a pedigreed yet non-A-list actress" for the part.
Written and to be directed by "Valkyrie" scribe Christopher McQuarrie, "One Shot" is adapted from a 2005 Lee Child novel of the same title. The crime thriller centers on Cruise's Jack Reacher, "an ex-Army cop who gets sucked into the mystery surrounding the arrest of a sniperaccused of killing five random people in a shooting."
Paramount is reportedly planning to kick off the principal photography this fall in Pittsburgh.
Atwell is fresh from starring opposite Chris Evans in "Captain America: The First Avenger". Davalos was last seen as Andromeda in "Clash of the Titans". Pike will take over the role of Andromeda in the sequel, "Wrath of the Titans".
More Jack Reacher News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences