Three Actresses Eying to Be Tom Cruise's Leading Lady in 'One Shot'
Hayley Atwell, Alexa Davalos and Rosamund Pike are up against each other for a coveted role in "One Shot". On Saturday, August 13, the three actresses have reportedly read for the female lead part in the movie.
Whoever chosen will star opposite Tom Cruise and tackle the role of a tough lawyer who is also the daughter of the discrict attorney. Brit Marling was said to be the early favorite, but her schedule did not work. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Paramount Pictures and Skydance are looking "a pedigreed yet non-A-list actress" for the part.
Written and to be directed by "Valkyrie" scribe Christopher McQuarrie, "One Shot" is adapted from a 2005 Lee Child novel of the same title. The crime thriller centers on Cruise's Jack Reacher, "an ex-Army cop who gets sucked into the mystery surrounding the arrest of a sniperaccused of killing five random people in a shooting."
Paramount is reportedly planning to kick off the principal photography this fall in Pittsburgh.
Atwell is fresh from starring opposite Chris Evans in "Captain America: The First Avenger". Davalos was last seen as Andromeda in "Clash of the Titans". Pike will take over the role of Andromeda in the sequel, "Wrath of the Titans".
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'