Artist of the Week: Foster the People
Formed in 2009, Foster the People are poised to be the next big thing in music. After breaking into Billboard Hot 200 by debuting at No. 8 with their first album "Torches", the West Coast band are now climbing Hot 100 with their single "Pumped Up Kicks".
An uplifting tune, the single is currently sitting at No. 13 on the U.S. single chart after previously occupying No. 18. Written and produced by Mark Foster, it reached higher spots on Alternative and Rock Songs chart by peaking at No. 1 and 3 respectively.
To cap it all, they are vying for Best New Artist and Best Rock Video at 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. They are facing off Big Sean, Kreayshawn, Tyler, the Creator and Wiz Khalifa in the former category, and battling The Black Keys, Cage the Elephant, Foo Fighters and Mumford & Sons in latter category.
Fans can vote for them on MTV VMAs official site. Winners from all categories will be announced in a live telecast at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on August 28. Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, Adele and Bruno Mars serve as performers, Jonah Hill, Rick Ross, Selena Gomez, Seth Rogen, Kim Kardashian and Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All are tapped as presenters.
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia