Artist of the Week: Foster the People
Formed in 2009, Foster the People are poised to be the next big thing in music. After breaking into Billboard Hot 200 by debuting at No. 8 with their first album "Torches", the West Coast band are now climbing Hot 100 with their single "Pumped Up Kicks".
An uplifting tune, the single is currently sitting at No. 13 on the U.S. single chart after previously occupying No. 18. Written and produced by Mark Foster, it reached higher spots on Alternative and Rock Songs chart by peaking at No. 1 and 3 respectively.
To cap it all, they are vying for Best New Artist and Best Rock Video at 2011 MTV Video Music Awards. They are facing off Big Sean, Kreayshawn, Tyler, the Creator and Wiz Khalifa in the former category, and battling The Black Keys, Cage the Elephant, Foo Fighters and Mumford & Sons in latter category.
Fans can vote for them on MTV VMAs official site. Winners from all categories will be announced in a live telecast at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on August 28. Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, Adele and Bruno Mars serve as performers, Jonah Hill, Rick Ross, Selena Gomez, Seth Rogen, Kim Kardashian and Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All are tapped as presenters.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics