Orlando Brown of 'That's So Raven' Not With Pregnant Girlfriend When Arrested for DUI
Former Disney Channel star Orlando Brown just had a run in with the law. The Eddie Thomas of "That's So Raven" was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving last Friday night, August 12, and words are, he was at the time with his pregnant girlfriend in the passenger seat. His manager, however, denied some claims surrounding his arrest.
"There was no $15,000 bail, he was released on his own recognizance," manager Reno Rankin said as quoted by Daily Mail. "He just has to go to court and attend his hearing. He had been drinking in his house, he had two glasses of wine. He had not been driving and there was no pregnant lady in the car."
Offering further explanation, Reno added, "The car was his friend's. She was leaving and he went out to talk to her, and he sat in the driver's seat. He also was not in a moving vehicle, but when the cops pulled up he was sitting behind the wheel. He is going to attend his court date and is innocent until proven guilty."
TMZ previously reported that Orlando was pulled over by the police for driving without a license plate. When the cops got closer, however, they smelled alcohol and asked him to do a field sobriety test, which he failed. He was booked at 12:38 A.M. at the Hollywood station, and was released at 7:42 A.M. on Saturday, August 13 after posting a $15,000 bail.
This is not Orlando's first arrest. The TV actor, who is now scheduled for a court appearance on September 8, was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana in 2007 after police discovered the weeds in his car. Back in 2008, he made headline for a different story. He went missing only to turn up unharmed the day after. In his apology, he said that he just "needed to be alone".
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?