Janet Jackson and Maroon 5's Concert at Indiana State Fair Might Be Canceled
Following the stage collapse which happened just before Sugarland's performance on Saturday night, August 13, other scheduled concerts at Indiana State Fair were left undetermined. Those who were supposed to sing at the festival were Janet Jackson, Maroon 5, Train and Lady Antebellum.
Janet was originally set to make live performances on Wednesday, August 17. The Adam Levine band and the Pat Monahan group were initially scheduled to take the stage on the following day, and the Hillary Scott trio will take over the stage on Friday.
Beside leaving those gigs undecided, officials of the fair were also forced to cancel its 4-H competitions which were supposed to take place on Sunday. One of the canceled gigs was Hoosier Rodeo Series Finals. The other scrapped one was Last Blast fireworks display which was originally set for August 21.
No decision has been made for Harness races (August 18 - 20), Cheerleading Competition (August 20), and Demolition Derby (August 21), but the celebration of the 50th anniversary of Pioneer Village is confirmed to be moved to the last day next Sunday.
The fairgrounds are currently closed, but will reopen for public on Monday starting 8 A.M. A memorial service will be held at 9 A.M. on the Free Stage in front of the 4-H complex. "Our thoughts, prayers, and assistance go out to the families impacted by the tragedy," said Lt. Governor and Secretary of Agriculture Becky Skillman.
More Janet Jackson News
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner