Accused as Copycats, the Kardashians Bite Back on Allegation
Kim Kardashian and her sisters have fired back at the accusation that The Kardashian Kollection has a handbag which copied Botkier's design. They insisted that their collection "was independently created" and that designer Bruno Schiavi's apparel company Jupi is surprised about Botkier's allegation.
The Kardashians put their new products on display for Sears this week and Womenswear designer Monica Botkier noticed that one of their purses looks like her 2005 "Clyde" bag. She took to her blog on August 10, stating under "K is for Knock-off" that "Botkier 'Clyde' was simply copied by Kardashian Kollection for Sears. They say imitation is the highest form of flattery but we don't think so."
The sisters responded, "We are aware of claims being made by Monica Botkier in the media that one of the bags in the Kardashian Kollection for Sears is similar to a Botkier bag. It is our understanding that, contrary to media reports, Sears has not received any cease and desist letter on behalf of Botkier."
Sears has removed the bag from their website but the Kardashians would still promote the label for Sears on Wednesday, August 17 in Hollywood. "In any event, it is our understanding that the Kardashian Kollection bag in question has not yet been offered for general sale. Nor is it available for sale online. Pending our investigation of the matter, we have undertaken appropriate preventative measures regarding the handbag," they continued.
Jupi is investigating the matter.
More Kim Kardashian News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked