Authorities to Investigate The Game's Tweet and May File Charges
The Game is in trouble with the law after tweeting the phone number of a sheriff station in Compton, CA. With 580,000 followers and a promise of "internship" with his Black Wall Street label, the rapper's tweet caused a telephone flash mob which delayed emergency services.
"Call @wackstar for internship....... Lol he answering all bws phones today," the tweet read. Calls began to come in at around 5:20 P.M. PT on Friday, August 12 and most callers reportedly hung up when hearing it was a sheriff station. The calls ended around 3 hours later but Captain Mike Parker feared that a lot of legitimate calls could not get through due to the overcrowded line.
Six hours after the first tweet, Game updated his status to inform that he was not responsible of what happened. "@wackstar hacked my Twitter earlier..... Arrest him police... He is to blame," Game tweeted. When slammed further, Game added in rage, "Yall can track a tweet down but cant solve murders ! Dat was an accident but maybe now yall can actually do yall job !!!!"
Sheriff's Department plan on turning over a complaint to the District Attorney's office. Those found responsible for it could face a variety of criminal charges including obstructing a peace office in their duties.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound