Michael Jackson's Kids Will Appear at Tribute Concert Despite Protest
Although their uncles are against the idea, Michael Jackson's three kids would take part in a tribute concert in Wales. "Paris, Blanket and Prince have been asked to attend the MJ Tribute in Wales and they have decided to go," a rep of the family confirmed to TMZ.
The rep added, "They are extremely excited and they're hoping they will have the opportunity to contribute in some way by making a speech. Nothing has been set in stone yet for how they can help, but they really hope they can. "
Randy and Jermaine Jackson previously expressed their protest of Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert. "Today's press conference in Los Angeles announced a tribute concert to Michael to be attended and supported by the Jackson family. However, we want to make clear that this does not reflect the position of the entire family," they said in a joint statement.
The brothers felt that the timing is "inappropriate", saying "We find it impossible to support an event that is due to take place during the criminal trial surrounding Michael's death." They are reportedly still against the kids making an appearance.
The tribute concert wouls feature such stars as Kanye West, Christina Aguilera and Jay-Z. Global Live said that there is a plan to broadcast the event at several major U.S. venues.
More Michael Jackson News
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake