Michael Jackson's Kids Will Appear at Tribute Concert Despite Protest
Although their uncles are against the idea, Michael Jackson's three kids would take part in a tribute concert in Wales. "Paris, Blanket and Prince have been asked to attend the MJ Tribute in Wales and they have decided to go," a rep of the family confirmed to TMZ.
The rep added, "They are extremely excited and they're hoping they will have the opportunity to contribute in some way by making a speech. Nothing has been set in stone yet for how they can help, but they really hope they can. "
Randy and Jermaine Jackson previously expressed their protest of Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert. "Today's press conference in Los Angeles announced a tribute concert to Michael to be attended and supported by the Jackson family. However, we want to make clear that this does not reflect the position of the entire family," they said in a joint statement.
The brothers felt that the timing is "inappropriate", saying "We find it impossible to support an event that is due to take place during the criminal trial surrounding Michael's death." They are reportedly still against the kids making an appearance.
The tribute concert wouls feature such stars as Kanye West, Christina Aguilera and Jay-Z. Global Live said that there is a plan to broadcast the event at several major U.S. venues.
More Michael Jackson News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie